is star trek dead?

dizzyg

Theyre is a time when all of them is wearing them red suits.. (which you see in memories of tuvok aswell... ) Its after TOS and before TNG... Its the only timeline actually, that hasn't been shown much of...

A serie at the time of first contact would be boring i think... Not many options there.. Not many species to create (or you'll get that where the fuck did that race go, like the xindi) no nothing actually, only some starship building and testing...

Btw at the time of TNG and after, the vulcans and other federation races, don't have theyre own type of vessels no more? (like shown in ENT.)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a well known fact that every race has its own distinctive style and colour of ships. Much like all aliens of the same species invariably conform to a single word description.

It's an immutable fact of the Star Trek universe. The notion of private ships is ridiculous! ;)

star trek will never be dead as long as the fans still enjoy it, i'm sure it'll be put into statis for another 10-15 years before a decent team comes up with an excellent idea to continue the franchise, remember there was 20 or so years between TOS and TNG. and we've all got plenty of movides and eps to keep us happy until then.

is star trek dead?

plain and simple... NO

Star trek is leading the Sci-fi world with millions of fans, and when you have ppl who make movies like Trekkies, i find it to be a fat chance that star Trek will go as silently like this. Give it a year or two and you will have yourself A nice new ST that will take over your life like all the others.

No. Star Trek is alive and well.

MOD NOTE: Please do not double post - if you need to add something to your comments, please use the EDIT button located at the top right of your post. Thank you.

c4 B)

I don’t think it’s dead, more like on a hiatus or vacation.

Just needs sometime for a breather and it’ll be back with all new stuff for us to enjoy. :D

B) Bigger and badder than ever! {Bad in a good way.}

Jeri Ryan doesn't have big breasts - the catsuit just had a lot of... Borg modifications.

Well she isn't flatchested. *ahem* Google is your friend, and trust me she was easily near the size her catsuit gave off, even if slightly smaller.

MOD NOTE: Off topic post removed. AND a reminder - please stop double posting. Use the EDIT button to add additional comments to your post. That is what it is there for.

c4 B)

Jeri Ryan doesn't have big breasts - the catsuit just had a lot of... Borg modifications.

Well she isn't flatchested. *ahem* Google is your friend, and trust me she was easily near the size her catsuit gave off, even if slightly smaller.

Anyone that knows me well will tell you that when it comes to breasts - my definition of big is not one that coincides with the norm...

Anyway - in all likelihood, Trek will return. The main reason being the name.

I think if Voyager or ENT hadn't been Star Trek titles they'd likely have struggled past season one. Yet magically if you put Star Trek in the mix, you've got something people will watch for 3-4 years without really thinking about it because "it takes a while to get good."

THe red suit unifroms seen in Voyager's Tuvok flashback was the original series movie timeline. It was actually around the time of Star Trek 6:The Undiscovered Country. As Tuvok served on the USS Excelsior under the Command of Sulu.

I remember when Voyager was in it's last few years and DS9 had finished. Paramount began planning the next spin off. At one stage they had decided to do A pre-TNG sereis set aboard the Excelsior under the command of Sulu. It was to be set after 6. For some reason (I think George Taki's age) they decided to drop the idea and went with Enterprise instead.

I think the next series should be in the 23rd Cntury timeline, so anywhere from the Orignal Pilot "The Cage" up to "The Undiscovered Country".

Anyway - in all likelihood, Trek will return. The main reason being the name.

I think if Voyager or ENT hadn't been Star Trek titles they'd likely have struggled past season one. Yet magically if you put Star Trek in the mix, you've got something people will watch for 3-4 years without really thinking about it because "it takes a while to get good."

Well...Voyager ran for more than 3-4 years so I don't think what you've said is true. Initially yes...you hear of a new Star trek series and you watch because you're a fan...but if it's crap you stop watching. I'm not going to watch a show just because it has Star Trek in the title. Fans (I believe) are much more discerning than that.

i would like to see a voyager movie

Me too.

c4 B)

Actually, it was the only of the post TOS Trek series to be on a network. Seems like syndication works better for Star Trek, and having it on a network where it didnt fit in with any of their programming certainly hurt the series.

Enterprise in America was thrown around the scheduals and was put on a crap channel i beleive - Enterprise may have been as good as Voyager - but just not have got the raitings it deserverd