Any good European Union shows? (besides the Doctor)

Anonyman

Actually "Rome" was shown in the States on HBO. HBO was the lead financer of the program along with a few European networks. Technically, I believe HBO had creative control on "Rome."

As for European shows, I recommend "Blake's 7" (from the creator of Dr. Who's Daleks) and "Red Dwarf" (a "Dark Star" type of comedy) for science fiction buffs. Both are available on this site. "Tommorrow People" is another one that I like. I'd love to see more "Quatermass," but I haven't found much. There are a few shows from Germany that I'd love to see, such as "Alpha Centari" but I've yet to come across any episodes with subtitles or an English language track.

Also, if you like "Rome" I recommend "I, Claudius" if you can find it. Many consider it to be among the greatest programs in television history. "Babylon 5" and "Dune" fans may enjoy the political intrigue.

In general, I've found the best sites for finding obscure torrents are Torrentz.com and Torrentsearch. These sites are sort of like a Google search engine for torrent sites. So if you were to look for "I, Claudius," Torrentz might tell you that it's available at Piratebay and Torrentspy. Torrentz doesn't host torrents, but they tell you who hosts the torrent for which you are searching.

Actually "Rome" was shown in the States on HBO. HBO was the lead financer of the program along with a few European networks. Technically' date=' I believe HBO had creative control on "Rome."[/quote']

A co-production between HBO and the BBC, Rome brings together the Emmy award-winning producers of series Six Feet Under and The Sopranos, with the BBC's worldwide reputation for period dramas.

Rome boasts the largest standing film set in the world, comprising five acres of backlot and six soundstages at the world-famous Cinecittà Studios* [iTALY].

Let's see - Knightmare was possibly the greatest TV show ever but I doubt you'll find that anywhere online.

Shameless is a fantastic drama/comedy. If you want to see a... gritty portrayl of life in Britain.

Father Ted - excellent.

Brasseye - possibly the greatest satirical show to ever grace television.

Men Behaving Badly...

Fawlty Towers - goes without saying

Anything that's remotely associated with Armando Ianucci. His most obvious work being.

"Knowing Me, Knowing You" and "I'm Alan Partridge"