Battlestar Galactica 2x18

Mav

If Baltar is a Cylon, then none of his copies are anywhere in Caprica City. If they were, then both Sharon or 6 would have bumped into one of them at some point, in which case the conversation between the two of them over Baltar (6 claiming to love a human, Sharon's surprise that Baltar was a traitor) wouldn't make a lick of sense.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe, except we still know little about Cylons. How many copies are there? What differentiates them? So far two "Sharons" have gone over to the humans. Are other Sharons also "defective"?

We know so little still, this was at best a teaser and a new plotline ( a possible resistance and rebellion? ), so many things could happen, including Baltar being a Cylon. I know it's mostly my imagination, but we don't know who #1 is.

There could be just one, or very few copies.

For that matter who or what is their "god"?

Obviously Cylons keep things from each other and don't fully trust each other. Anyone else notice when Sharon is resurrected she is handcuffed to the "bath" but Six is not.

Understandably they don't trust Sharon- another copy just helped the Humans escape and then entrusted herself and her unborn child to the Humans- a child the Cylons seem to truly want to have be born.

So like I said earlier, Baltar COULD BE One- we really don't know- what you said made sense but we just don't have enough info yet.

If Baltar is a Cylon, then there stands a chance he is either model #2 or 1. Given his promienent character so far, let's assume he is model #1.

Now as model #1, maybe there are no copies of him? Maybe he is the original. That would explain how he and Caprica-Six are connected, each has their own Harvey-like version of the other in their heads. But that doesn't explain his on-the-fence issues. Sometimes he sides with the humans, as I don't think he genuinely wants loss of life. Other times he's with the Cylons, wanting to rise to power and such.

or maybe if he is model #1 and is a cylon, maybe #1 has two copies. the original, and the Baltar we know. A "sleeper" agent like Sharon was. Unaware of it completely. Sure the Cylon detector works to a good degree but if he subconciously knows he's a Cylon like Sharon did, then his subconcious could play tricks on him if he ever tested himself. Make him believe his test came back negative when it really showed him as a Cylon.

I mean what better way to collect intelligence? Not only infiltrate the Colonial Fleet, but have your man become the Vice President (who recently accounced his bid for Presidencey) and also the man who is the quote unquote Cylon expert including inventing the ever infamouse Cylon detector. Sure the other models have gotten the basics relayed back to the Cylons, the fleet size, military strength etc but if Baltar was a sleeper Cylon he's a most covert one, he won't expose himself like Sharon did. Once activated I think he would escape unnoticed and relay everything from how Rosalyn governs the people to how to get around his methods of Cylon detection.

I think that Sharon had twins. In operating room we see Helo and Sharon looking at their dead baby in the incubator. So this must mean that the baby they put up for adoption was a twin. How else can we explain the dead baby in the incubator. Surely, the Colonials dont have the technology to make realistic copies of human remains.

didn't they woman who adopted the cylon baby lose her baby so they gave her that one, i think the remains they showed Boomer and Helo were that of the human baby of the adopting mother.

Man!! that sure was a great episode, i agree with most of the posts here this does definitely make up for last weeks. i really really liked what they did with Baltar in Caprica-Six's head, it's good to see Baltar acting like the slick, badass knowitall for a change. again, really good writing to have the cylon baby remain in the fleet, but behind the scenes so they can drop it for a while and come back to it much later.

Baltar is my favorite character and i often see posts where people suggest that he might be a sleeper agent cylon, but if you think about it if he's a sleeper agent why did they need Six to seduce him at all, why didn't they just activate him or access his knowledge of the defense codes and/or system. i think it's highly unlikely that Baltar is a cylon and personally i hope he isn't that would just be too cheesy, it's better that he is a human almost siding with the cylons, it's a lot more interesting.

Also realize that this is the main doctor for the fleet here. He would have access to fetuses, and dead babies. Wouldn't take a whole lot to substitute one of these for Hera (the name of the baby).

But, considering the Cylons are reproduced fully grown, it makes me wonder just how rapid Hera's development will actually be.

Man, Lucy Lawless (aka Xena) looks drop dead gorgeous in this latest BSG. What a babe.... It was nice seeing her again finally.

I thought this one was a great episode overall, and a nice improvement over some of the recent episodes. Nice twists in this one.... so many, it makes ya wonder what comes next, and what the frak is really going on.

this site's been great and i've loved reading the posts.. spoilers in anticipation of an episode and reviews afterwards. thanks to nite and to all the wonderful bsg fans.

just to record my thoughts..

i wasn't crazy about the previous few episodes but this one was worth some patience.

i believe the baby in the incubator is most probably the foster mother's baby, but as someone already said, the doctor has access to others for a substitute.

i'm puzzled as to how six's body could have shielded baltar's body during the destruction of caprica, but they may well have foreseen his importance and have taken extra measures to protect him. there are so many other survivors, after all..

as for who the other cylon models may be...

i refuse to believe it might be baltar -- that would render this cross-situation of six and baltar in each other's head meaningless... one must be cylon and the other human in order for this bridge to be meaningful.

adm. adama can't be a cylon -- he's had kids already.. nor can the president -- she was saved by elements in cylon blood. apollo? starbuck? well, they're human hero pilots -- somehow i think boomer being a cylon took out the pilot category.

i'm betting on the doctor. after all, the humans believe they're hiding hera but i seriously doubt the cylons aren't keeping track of her whereabouts -- as roslyn explained to doc how important it was to keep hera hidden, his expression seemed very mystic and meaningful to me.

as for the parents recognizing their baby, i have to say LOL.. i remember desperately trying to imprint my baby's face so it wouldn't get mixed up among the others at the hospital :p it took a while :D

Wasn't baltar the one that created the cyclons in the original series. I can be wrong as my memories are all fuzy in my head and i watched the original BSG in italian.

As for the baby i was quite surprised that a cylon wasn't able to spot the diference between her baybe and someone elses baby.

In the original series, Baltar was a member of the Council of 12, who tried to broker a peace between the Cylons and the Colonies. However, his actual intent was to allow all the colonies, except his, to fall, and allow him to rule his colony under Cylon rule.

However, the Cylons broke their word, nuking ALL the colonies. They then held him, and was about to execute him. However, the Imperious Leader was killed, and the next Imperious Leader decided Baltar was a tool that still had use. He gave Baltar a Basestar and was told to hunt down the fleet.

As far as how hard it would be to tell one baby from another, realize the baby was born premature. Many times, a preemie looks so close alike it is difficult to tell them apart. Add into it that Doc Cottle would have access to the needed techniques and tools to make a baby look similar. This would make it so they could switch babies. Also, it is entirely possible that they could have induced a cataleptic state for Hera, making her appear dead long enough to be window dressing. Afterwords, some remains from the last episode's baby would be enough to give to Helo to scatter.

Dang' date=' i was hoping i wasn't the only one *completely* freaked by that citroen.[/quote']

nope, you were not the only one :) it was a mistake to put it there imho - or maybe the french visited caprica? :D

I wonder if that "emo malfunction" was expected from the beggining or just a coincidence..

- There is a Harvey Baltar that "Caprica-Six" can see, much like the Harvey-Six Baltar sees. Again for some reason their personalities are quite different. Harvey-Baltar wants her to admit her feelings and truly acknowledge her love for this one human being, whereas Harvey-Six is more politically/war motiviated which is what she manipulates into the actual Baltar. I'm interested in how they explain both of these since we know it's not some neural implant. Maybe Baltar is a Cylon after all?..

That right there is a wealth of knowledge. And there's plenty more. I was interested in the whole baby thing. Not only did they have to hide her and convince the fleet she was dead they had to convince any Cylons about she was dead. What I wanna know is how did Doc Cottle simulate death? Was it a cloned baby he used to show off as the dead body and later cremate?. And what does Harvey-Six have instore for Baltar? She was pissed. Anything that terrifies Baltar has got to be bad cause the man has little concisence when it comes to terror and fear (or right & wrong).

Well, they wouldn't have had to send in Caprica Six to get all the codes, etc off Baltar if he was. As for the baby, they did just carry out an aborsion last episode...

Wow! What a revealing episode! The Cylons are way more complicated than I previously thought. I also believe that Baltar is a sleeper agent now. Most likely #1. It would definitely explain why he was portrayed as the Hand of God in that first season episode. It would also explain why his mind mixed with Six's after the Cylon attack on Caprica.

If you ask me, I'd say Baltar and Six were killed by the nuclear explosion and, during the download of their consciences to their new bodies, there was some sort of malfunction due to the radiation, which caused the mix up. Interestingly enough, it seems that Caprica's Six (the good one) retained evil Baltar while Galactica's Baltar (the good one - OK, not so good...) retained evil Six. This sort of reminds me the ST:TOS episode The Enemy Within.

What else? Lucy Lawless... Damn, what a great job she's doing! She should be a regular, in my opinion. I also liked the baby plot and how the writers handled it. I must confess I had some doubts regarding where the dead baby came from, but very good explanations have already been offered in this very topic...

I look forward to "Lay Down Your Burdens"... :)

Man, Lucy Lawless (aka Xena) looks drop dead gorgeous in this latest BSG. What a babe.... It was nice seeing her again finally.

I thought this one was a great episode overall, and a nice improvement over some of the recent episodes. Nice twists in this one.... so many, it makes ya wonder what comes next, and what the frak is really going on.

Her British accent and appeal makes me need to change pants after watching BSG.

Dang' date=' i was hoping i wasn't the only one *completely* freaked by that citroen.[/quote']

nope, you were not the only one :) it was a mistake to put it there imho - or maybe the french visited caprica? :D

I wonder if that "emo malfunction" was expected from the beggining or just a coincidence..

That's a relief :) I should've mentioned that i thought it was great though - and then later on, after the explosion....i'm *sure* it's headlights were poking out under that huge slab...inspired horror hehehehe

You have to notice something in the show. All the Human model Cylons are fairly young. If they are older than 30, it's a surprise to me. Add into it the R&D needed to create human model Cylons. Also add into it the fact they only started infiltrating for about 2 years (when Caprica Six infiltrated), and it is doubtful they'd have aged versions of their models.

The idea that Baltar is a Cylon is patently false. Simply put, if he really was a Cylon, then why would the Cylons need to have Caprica Six seduce him?

The idea that Baltar is a Cylon is patently false. Simply put' date=' if he really was a Cylon, then why would the Cylons need to have Caprica Six seduce him?[/quote']

If he is a deep sleeper agent (like Sharon was), then seduction would be necessary.