Dr. Who series begins on 3/17/06 in the US!

Mav

I know it's been mentioned before but theres finally more information on the subject (at least information I could find now).

March 17th at 9pm is the two part series premiere of Dr. Who in the U.S. on the Sci Fi channel.

http://www.scifi.com/doctorwho

The site lists the Dr as being played by Christopher Eccleston. Great actor, never seen him play a typical hero role but he is genius at villians and such.

Can't say I'm up to speed on which Dr was which aside from Baker being the 4th Dr. The Wikipedia says Christopher Eccleston was the 2005 Dr, and the next season (current one to come) will have David Tennat as the new Dr. (sorry if that is a spoiler, I'm not sure).

Sci Fi started playing commericals for Who's premiere this week along side their previews for the new episode of SG1/SGA/BSG.

Since theres only two new episodes left for SG1/SGA/BSG this season, I'm going to assume they planned the March 17th date as a cool way to offer us the Dr after the current season of the Friday night lineup is over.

I will definitely be checking it out ;)

I really wish I had the Sci-Fi channel. Dang

Sucks :( I know once I got it and watched quality science fiction on it, I couldn't live without it. Its got quite a bit of filler (*cough* their saturday night movies *cough*) but its worth it.

isn't it shown on the bbc channels over there???

:mad: Actually no it's not! :(

And we only get "BBC America", which is really a highlights channel for all BBC UK channels. :thinking:

But only had Doctor Who on for a short period of time awhile back and then it was on at some odd time like 4/5am on Monday & Thursday.

I wish someone would carry the classic series. There are many many episodes I have still not had a chance to see. Back when it was shown on PBS, our area pretty much only carried Baker, Baker and Davison.

12 days and counting! Wasn't it nice of them to air it during spring break. :)

All but 2 of the stations that carried classic who in the US have stopped. The BBC was not allowing them to renew their contracts for some reason. It is uncertain wheter this has changed yet. If not, when their contracts run out the remaining 2 will also stop showing them.

Are we going to have in-depth discussions about series 1 in the US, I mean the majority of us know what happened and the whole bad wolf thing leading up to the season finale will have lost its appeal 2nd time round. But I suppose if theres any new fans out there who want to get into deep chat about the US airing, Im all up for doing it again! (with a little less zest of course) Cant wait for S2, not long now! :)

I'm watching it right now. But, I'm not being all that impressed. To me, it seems like the worst of all the bad shows I have seen. I'm going to watch it a while, but so far, I am not too impressed with it.

I know I'll probably get lambasted for my opinion. But, everyone's entitled to their opinion.

Wow thats wierd, almost everyone thoroughly enjoyed it last year when it aired in the UK (and posted in Torrent) The first episode was pretty fast paced and it does get better I assure you!

The 'worst' of ALL the 'bad' shows, thats a bit extreme I thought. Ive seen some crap out there and Dr WHo certainly beats them by far, even the low budget classics. :)

I think they meant the worst of all the bad Who shows. I hope anyway. I wasn't all that impressed with Rose either on my first sit through it. Unquiet Dead (which airs this coming Friday) really was quite my fav of the season.

I'm watching it right now. But, I'm not being all that impressed. To me, it seems like the worst of all the bad shows I have seen. I'm going to watch it a while, but so far, I am not too impressed with it.

I know I'll probably get lambasted for my opinion. But, everyone's entitled to their opinion.

The first episode in my opinon was one of the weakest, but gets a whole lot better throughout the series