What os do you use

msg4real

Sometimes Vista... (or am I not supposed to have that) and the rest of the time windows xp corperate running on an legitimate key which I "found" in an uni computer.......

and the key is.......?

i use win xp pro I actually own a gen copy but i use a cracked one because everytime i put a customers drive in my pooter it wants to re activate it

XP Pro SP2 at the moment.

I used 95 for many years (around 1995-2000) then I got a new pc (same one I got now) that came with 98 SE. Then I got a copy of XP Pro about two years ago give or take and have used it since (on the same pc as I had 98).

If I ever got at least three PC's of my own running, I'd keep a box open for something new to experiment with such as some flavor of Linux or Unix (Not a Mac fan). I'd probably use it for running IRC and Email since there are few Linux setups that are open to your typical Windows malware/viruses.

Ironically on a similar note, Windows Vista is set to go gold later this year right, but what have I seen on tv the last few months? Windows XP commericals. I kid you not. Now I've used Windows since 95 well over a decade ago right. I've seen a total of two commericals for Windows in that time. 1, was when Windows Server 2003 came out, they had a few commericals for it similar to those IBM business setup commericals. 2, was in the last few months they have a few variations of a commerical promoting Windows XP.

Maybe it's a locational thing, but my cable tv provider is one of the largest in America, so we get pretty much the same commericals as the rest of the country for national products. Yet since it's release, we are just now locally getting XP commericals? Especially confusing with Vista less than 9-10 months from being released. Why go to the trouble to promote XP, in a new market since they never had before, when your new top of the line OS is set to come out?

I think it's a ploy to get us to buy Vista. Average person who's still got 98 see's a XP commerical, might figure "hey these new features sound good" or "maybe i should upgrade". Runs out, drops his $100+ for a legit copy of XP then in less than a year, the next Windows OS is out...

Sorry I didn't mean to venture off topic I just found it interestin (plus the poll is like 99% Windows users at the moment so maybe others can relate to a similar advertisement).

An official copy of Windows XP Professional, updated to SP2 (yeah, my version is from 2002, so no integated SP2 yet at that point). No cracked software on my computer, don't trust the stuff...

It's always a good idea to be up to date on computers and software when you want to buy it, since I've noticed that most salesmen will say anything you might believe to get you to buy their stuff, whether it's actually true or not or whether the product is good or not, heck a lot of them are not up to date themselves...

I'm not going to buy Vista the first few years yet, I'm going to wait for SP1 or possibly even SP2 for Vista to appear. Since in my experience, the first release of a certain windows was allways the one that got me the most trouble with it. So this time I'm waiting... :D

I'm not going to buy Vista the first few years yet' date=' I'm going to wait for SP1 or possibly even SP2 for Vista to appear. Since in my experience, the first release of a certain windows was allways the one that got me the most trouble with it. So this time I'm waiting... :D [/quote']

Not to mention, everyone is going to have to upgrade to 64 bit to accomodate Vista. TRUST ME. Here's what I have:

Athlon XP 2800+ overclocked to 2.4 GHz

1.25 GB RAM

128 MB Nvidia 5200 video chipset

Nvidia NForce2 motherboard chipset

...and it still DRAGS on my computer.

Windows XP Home Edition Updated to Service Pack 2

It came with my laptop i (or rather my dad ;) ) bought :)

Before that i used Windows 98 Second Edition on a Desktop

neither were pirated

WinBorg XP V5. :D

Had 98 for years, but needed XP to get broadband.

Recently got this present version.

Tried TinyXP, very impressed with size(about 130meg), but couldn`t install router software as they had completely removed IE.

Can`t even attempt to try vista................yet! ;)

B)

I'm not going to buy Vista the first few years yet' date=' I'm going to wait for SP1 or possibly even SP2 for Vista to appear. Since in my experience, the first release of a certain windows was allways the one that got me the most trouble with it. So this time I'm waiting... :D [/quote']

Not to mention, everyone is going to have to upgrade to 64 bit to accomodate Vista. TRUST ME. Here's what I have:

Athlon XP 2800+ overclocked to 2.4 GHz

1.25 GB RAM

128 MB Nvidia 5200 video chipset

Nvidia NForce2 motherboard chipset

...and it still DRAGS on my computer.

DID YOU KNOWTHAT IT can me safely clocked to 2.8

Why did you need XP for broadband? I can only speak for cable modems but I've used broadband on 98se just fine. Are you using some DSL setup where you need some specific PPoE software that's XP only, or something similar?

My game server box is running 2000. It seems to be the most stable non-full-of-crap windows os. Unreal Tournament, Freelancer, and Teamspeak don't run on Linux, so I had to go with windows.

My comp, though...xp pro *cracked and/or vista *obviously cracked

Why did you need XP for broadband? I can only speak for cable modems but I've used broadband on 98se just fine. Are you using some DSL setup where you need some specific PPoE software that's XP only, or something similar?

I could have gone with 98se(mine was 98 very old original), but couldn`t get a copy, so I thought I might as well just get XP. Although 98 was okay to use, I got bored with it as I have been using it for about a decade.

I like the `intelligence` of XP. Plus a lot of my games and programs only work well on XP, and it makes a nice change to find out what this versions bugs are..haha. ;)

btw mines an ADSL Router.

B)

sorry guy... i saw 3.11 & had ta vote... ahh the good ol' days when an os came on flopies!!!

really had used 98 for ages then tried 2000 wasn't that good recently got xp sp2.... seems good enough!! :)

do you know what is sad some people stll use old os on floppies I just installed 3.0 on my 2400+ 1 gig ram blaa blaa with the use of Microsoft Virtual PC Trial (45) then my / crackit it is ausme

the appliction allows you to aduguest the ramon seen my the os / crates a vertull hdd / can use existing one (advanced ) bypasses windows disk read protection mombo jombo