Battlestar Galactica 2x20

Mav

Battlestar Galactica 2x20 "Lay Down Your Burdens, Part 2"

90-Minute season finale; When Baltar wins the vote, Roslin considers stealing the election because she believes he is a Cylon collaborator.

Can't wait for this one. I'll post my opinion as usual after it's over but all I can say BALTAR FOR PRESIDENT!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't need spoiler tags guys, we are free to discuss the episode here in this thread. Or so we have always been allowed to do so in the past.

Anyways, I LOVED THIS FRAKKING EPISODE. Either Baltar is dreaming/gone nuts or this was one colossual reset button pushed.

We knew Roslin would try to rig the election. I just didn't think she would get both Tigh AND Dualla's help. (GOD I HATE DUALLA)

Baltar as President, hells yes. Finally!

Pegasus Six and Baltar, that was nice. Sad she later died but nice to see them together again.

Cloud 9 went boom. Ironically it was that same nuke that gave them away later on.

The whole One Year Later was both, really stupid in some points and really cool in others. It was nice to see Adama do what any ship captain does, stays with the ship. Tigh wanting too as well was nice but we all know his wife would go off on him until he left ;(

Dualla as Apollo's XO on the Pegasus? BOOOOOO ;(

Nice to see Helo wasn't totally forgotten. Nor was Gaeta, and Baltar being Baltar women and booze ;)

Starbuck with long hair...not quite digging it myself. And Anders, some like him some don't. I actually like him some these days. Not cause of his character but cause Apollo royally screwed up by giving up on Starbuck sleeping with Dualla behind Billy's back.

Chief and Calley together, after he beat the crap out of her AND she's pregnant?........now there was a real WTF moment

I gotta admit seeing Baltar surrender and the hundreds of Centurians walk amongst the population was awesome.

And I totally forgot about the baby :) You know something is going to happen there. I'd also like to see what's going to happen with the fleet that jumped away, like how many people were still left aboard, since it seems the Galactica was in dire need of maintnence. Not to mention that the Pegasus just jumped away with the stockpile of meds.

On a tangent though, maybe the Cylons will help them?

this episode was bloody ace, mint, awesome what ever.

Question is what are the cylons actually upto allowing them to suvive or where they actually going to farm them.

One other point is also why did adama allow baltar who he knows is in league with the cylons, seeing as he is the admiral of the fleet surely he could of engineered a coupe. Well i cant beleive we have to wait till september for this to continue but will be well worth the wait....good job dr who is going to shortly start soon thank god.

We have to wait till October to see it continue?!?!?!?!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

What? You cant be serious.....tell me its a joke...please.

That was some episode man. I found myself 5 times shouting "WTF is going on ??!!" (the german equivalent though)

Roslin fixed the election. Wow that was strange. Shame they found out imho. I just do not like Baltar, not as a Scientist, not as a Toaster-Lover, not at all as President, which means more screen-time for him *blergh*

Chief and Cally together? Thats cool with me. I like her and she´s a good looking girl in my Books ^_^ (dont tell my GF)

Roslin back in school. That one gave me a giggle too. Back to the roots i might say here.

Ok..Baltar gave Pegasus-Six the nuke, Pegasus-Six blew it up leading the Cylons to "New Caprica?" I think she knew that it would lead the Cylons to New Caprica and thats

why she pulled the trigger. What other reason can there be besides commiting Suicide?

Baltar: "Very well....I surrender"

THAT and all the toasters and ships was very awesome....phew.

Is it really the seasons end or what?

This episode, made my head spin... and it's still whirling, so I gotta watch it again after I sleep next, and then maybe I can comment. (yes, it's the weekend, and I've been drinking...)

But, doesn't the next Season start again this June, just like it did last year? Same with SGA and SG-1? (I did a brief google search, and I couldn't see anything concrete on this...)

This episode, made my head spin... and it's still whirling, so I gotta watch it again after I sleep next, and then maybe I can comment. (yes, it's the weekend, and I've been drinking...)

But, doesn't the next Season start again this June, just like it did last year? Same with SGA and SG-1? (I did a brief google search, and I couldn't see anything concrete on this...)

For some reason they are holding back BSG's new season until October. SG-1 and SG-A both start in July again.

I think they did this so BSG won't nesscarily have to go on a 3.5 month hiatus like this year. This way they can do a couple reruns and still keep the season flowing like most regular tv shows.

Fantastic end to a good series

Thus far BSG has proven itself to be very well writenn and hideously happy to evolve in seemly random directions

I am always impressed by a series which ends leaving many more questions than it entered with, and I truely had no idea how they were going to top the ending to series 1. They migth have just managed it, I'll have to rewatch to be certain.

So much evolution within the middle of an epsiode, and yet all very compelling, and all highly believable.

I think it'll take at least a 3-parter to get us back on track at the start of series 3.

anyone knows what will happen next episode? will this all reversed and undone like startrek?

No clue. It was the season finale, we have to wait. I'm sure once they start previewing the new season around the end of the summer we'll start to piece together a few spoilers but till then your guess is as good as ours.

I've just watched the episode and I really don't know what to say. :o I guess I'll also have to see it again to discuss it properly. I just hope that, in season 3, the writers don't get inspired by one of those magical Voyager moments and push the reset button with some sort of time travel in order to make everything right once again. That'd be too obvious. Please, let the Colonials flee New Caprica by themselves.