SHOULD WE MOVE THE IRC ROOM

msg4real

Guest Mrthumps

I chose no.

Unless there's a general issue with the server I don't see the need or the hassle to move the channel.

It's working fine for people who use MIRC or any other irc related programs so why bother chaging just for the javites who will just join to type "!list" or ask "Wear r teh downloads/torrnts?".

just a sugstion their is a server in the us that we could use to are selves

rizon after the udate is having someissues but the main reson is cus a friend asked if he caould get people onto his server and use it

there applets ya know I will post a link to one after asking nite

Yeah, Nite tried to switch servers a few months ago, and nobody was interested in it. So I seriouslly doubt that anyone will be interested in it this time around, especially since it's atleast implied that msg4real and his lil' buddy hidiki_ have something to gain, and the IRC regulars have something to lose if Nite somehow gets tricked into moving shop.

I have voted for "No", as there was no "rotfl HEEEEEEELLLLL no" option to vote for.

I'd be on the IRC chanel' date=' but the java program doesn't seem to work at all. At least it has not worked for me.[/quote']

try using trillian as a client.

the most excellent TFMF put up a guide somewhere on this site as to using it with nites IRC

have fun.

as for moving it im not fussed as long as i can get in.

once my client has the details it doesnt make any difference.

i think there are concerns about breaking up an existing community and the long stayers feelin meesed about by a noob who has no right to comment on such things.

its good to see improvement but people gotta want it.

additionally, if it has been tried before and is VERY unlikely to happen again then there seems to be a lot of upset over something likely to blow over

Yeah, I've been in a channel that moved twice in a year, and that was more hassle than it was worth for quite some time.

Also, trillian isn't a good IRC client when compared with mIRC, which I say even though I use Trillian myself.

I'd be on the IRC chanel' date=' but the java program doesn't seem to work at all. At least it has not worked for me.[/quote']

The problem with the java applet is the link, when it is linked properly it works just fine.

I voted no. Althought port 80 access would let me get on at uni I dont want to lose half or more of the channel users in the move. Plus going to a smaller server would mean loosing the "walk-in" chatters.

The whole concept would be more hassle than it is worth, with serveral downsides and minimal upsides (only to a small proportion of the users.)

Esentially: if it isnt broken, dont fix it....or in this case break it

The problem with the java applet is the link, when it is linked properly it works just fine.

Could you send me the correct link on PM?