usslacker

I am thinking of making a startrek avatar and i need sudgestions of good clips. I prefer DS9 but any startrek season will do if the clip is cool.

All i want frum you people is a description of the clip what season and episode. And ill take it frum there if i like it.

I was thinking of using the klingon/DS9 battle in season 4 episode 2.

But im not shure....

DS9 - 6x12 "Sacrifice of Angels". Just about any Fleet/ship battles of that would make a kickass avatar. You got 150x150 and 1 meg of space to use so you can get some good quality out of it.

Well i looked at the video and by the way its 12x6 and i found a clip i like.

7204531237.gif

What do you think???

Its a clip frum star trek not a damn strobe light not meant to induce seizures. And if you don't like it why view a forum mainly based on star trek????

But then again maybe a still image is the way to go tell me why you think a still image has more class that a moving clip.

Its a clip frum star trek not a damn strobe light not meant to induce seizures. And if you don't like it why view a forum mainly based on star trek????

But then again maybe a still image is the way to go tell me why you think a still image has more class that a moving clip.

A semi-crappy quality gif-image containing a short, abrupt clip from an episode just comes off as tacky to me. It's like those people who cover their houses in blinking lights and moving santa claus-figures at christmas.

What's next, sound in avatars? I mean, if you can have short movie clips, why not? Just imagine, a person with a talking Benjamin Sisko in his avatar talking to some guy with a screaming Rygel in his. Add to that all the people with blinking, flashing and moving avatars and 300x70 px signature images. It gives a whole new meaning to the word "chaos".

DS9 - 6x12 "Sacrifice of Angels". Just about any Fleet/ship battles of that would make a kickass avatar. You got 150x150 and 1 meg of space to use so you can get some good quality out of it.

7204531237.gif

What do you think???

great - *Steals it* :cyclops:

anything with Romulans in it will look great no matter how bad the quality ;)

the avatar size is 150x150 pixels max - this gif is bigger. I hope it will look as clear as it does now when its rezised to 150x150.

edit: I see TFMF has a bigger avatar pic - so how big they can be now? (the avatar)

Well the quality is like that cause its been resized....

Well there is nothing i can say to change your opinion of animated gifs so i wont try. My avatars are not trashy. They are there to show my affection of the show.

And yes avatars with audio are very possible but not practical. You can use a embedded flash player to do this. Upload it to putfile which accepts up to 25 megs and there you go. But a bunch of talking avatars at the same time would be annoying.

there is an eps of TNG called "tin man" I dont rember the season, maybe 3 or 4 but there is a scene where the Romulans catch up to the ENT-D and shoot at it and fly past it, that would make a great avatar. (and sicne you seem to be good at making them, could ya make me one, lol)

I think i know what you mean i hope this is it....

7219420193.gif

If you use it the size is 150x118.

I seen the flashes when the warbird fires when i uploaded it. So i checked and that's how the actual video is. So i cant do any better unless i get my hands on better video sorry.

7204531237.gif

What do you think???

12x6? There's only seven seasons of DS9.. and almost always season number comes before episode number i.e. 1x01, 2x23, 6x12 etc..

Avatar is quite nice. Looks great.

7204531237.gif

What do you think???

12x6? There's only seven seasons of DS9.. and almost always season number comes before episode number i.e. 1x01, 2x23, 6x12 etc..

Avatar is quite nice. Looks great.

Its a typo i meant 6x6

If you mean what program do i use to extract my frames frum the avi. I have a few ways first is vdubmod with the snapshot source frame button. But this is tedious so i been looking for a program that will extract all the frames i want at once.

And i just started using a program called blaze media pro it allows me to extract any frames i want. In multiple different formats such as jpg gif bmp and so on. But its only a trial version 15 days it works well.

Ok - i might check Blaze Media Pro out then - getting the frames for my Avatar can take a while and require a bit of time to put together but i will see what that program is like - thanks :)

and may i also say - you have a cool sig as well :D

virtual dub does an excellant job of grabbing frames

You can edit the file so you just end up with the sequence of frames you want, then save them as their own individual image files

Then obviously use something like Adobe PS or Animation Shop etc to edit the files into an animated .gif

plus virtual dub is freeware (of course they are always open to donations out of appreciation)