Tom Paris - Nicholas Locarno Connection?

xalloutwarx

Nope. They just reused the actor later on.

There are TONS of situations like these. My favorite? TOS: The Undiscovered Country. Suddenly Grandpa Sisko is a Starfleet Captain way back in Kirk's era? lol..

It's fun to spot them as you go along. You can see Tim Russ (Tuvok) in another similar situation.

haha yeah

just always puzzled me, cus when in the first ep of Voyager, Tom Paris was in prison and all the talk about him falsifying records and crew members dying, now i haven’t see the TNG when he appears as Nicholas Locarno for years, but didnt this happen to him in that? crew members died in the flight accident? and they tried to cover it up, along with Wesley Crusher? Maybe i should re-watch this EP (even tho i dont have it haha, boxsets are cheap on eBay) this has puzzled me since day one of voyager!!!

Just seems odd he will play two characters, that have a very similar history!

There is - as I've said several times, they wanted to use the Nicholas Locarno character in Voyager but that would have meant paying money to Ronald D. Moore everytime he was used. Naturally, they didn't want to have to do that - so they just carbon-copied the character, made a few minor changes to make him less interesting and voila Tom Paris was born!

Their.

There are many cases where an actor appears in more than one series, or in the films, Sci-Fi is an incestuous business.

Brock Peters did play Admiral Cartwright (in several of the films), and René Auberjonois did play Colonel West (in The Undiscovered Country).

There is - as I've said several times' date=' they wanted to use the Nicholas Locarno character in Voyager but that would have meant paying money to Ronald D. Moore everytime he was used. Naturally, they didn't want to have to do that - so they just carbon-copied the character, made a few minor changes to make him less interesting and voila Tom Paris was born![/quote']

thanks, answers a lot of questions!

speaking of Undiscovered Country, didn't anyone find it weird that, out of no where, Christian Slater was a officer on a Starfleet ship? Back when the movie was made he was in a good period for his career, I just found it weird he got some screentime in some twobit part in the movie ;o

Sometimes people just do parts because they want to say "I did Star Trek" or "I did Star Wars" etc. Although these days, those are probably rather more odious distinctions than they used to be.

Of course, a fair few stars have appeared in Trek... TNG boasted appearances from a fairly young Teri Hatcher (pre-New Adventures of Superman- "Outrageous Okana"), Kelsey Grammar (for about a second at the end of the time loop one), John Locke ("Pegasus") and Kirsten Dunce (about 8... I forget the episode - she was a telepath or something) and of course Voyager got "The Rock" and ENT got Al from Quantum Leap (so did BSG!).