computer problem help....winfixer trojian

skibumchris

ok so i thought being a star trek forum someone might be able to help me.

I keep getting pop ups from something called winfixer when ever I'm using IE, does anyone know of a free shareware removel tool that will work? my adaware does the blue screen of death when ever I try to open it.

it drives me nuts when im hotmail or even have a windows explorer page opens it fires to a web site wanting me to buy somehting.

thanks

Ok i have an anti-virus with an adware removal tool which i thought was doing a good job. Although i to have had this WinFixer Popup on my system using Firefox. Well today i had a problem with my router so i went to technical support they gave me this address.

http://www.ewido.net/en/

I downloaded this and found to my shock i had 244 malacious pieces of software running on my computer. Now its running great and as of yet i haven't had the pop-up. I would recommend this to anybody who is having strange problems not only to do with popups but also things like line disconnections, problems logging onto msn and unusual lags.

Sadly it is completely open for only 14 days then some features are disabled maybe can find this unlocked somewhere :) but it is so good i may even part with my hard earned cash.

Guest c4evap
Sadly it is completely open for only 14 days then some features are disabled maybe can find this unlocked somewhere :) but it is so good i may even part with my hard earned cash.

Here's a link to a file. It's for an "open" ;) version.

c4 B)

Guest c4evap

No. I use Norton Anti-Virus 2005. A bit top heavy but works for me. For a firewall I use Zonelabs Intregrity Client. Both gotten from IsoHunt (a berry, berry nice place indeed!).

EDIT: StitchInTime...what OS are you using? Win98? :p

c4 :D

Some useful things I use at work are Spybot, Ad-Aware, and HijackThis. Unfortunately, sometimes the best fix is a format/reinstallation of the OS. How long ago was your OS installed? IF you try and try again and it still won't clean it, try that. Remember to backup what you can.

Shhhh i found a password for it c4evap ;)

Dont know what it is skibumchris then. It fixed that for me anyway. I presume you ran a full scan.

I know from my last job tho that a memo went round about the incompatability of any norton product and windows XP this led to all norton products being removed from all machines. I havent used any norton products at all since. I suggest using Kaspersky for an AV prog its much better than norton anyway and it doesnt have the holes and what is the big frightener, the potential to totally screw the HDD. As such it isnt norton that is the problem but other software reacting with it. This as i said goes for any norton product.

lol FYI skibumchris my avatar is the opening credit sequance to The Tomorrow People, as are the quotes at the bottom.

It should be illigal for advertisers to exploit holes to scare people into buying their product but alas this is the internet and it is about freedom so i suppose these people have just as much right to do this as i do to download data ;)

Guest c4evap
...my avatar is the opening credit sequance to The Tomorrow People...

Really? I thought it was a horney starfish ;)

c4 :p