Dr Who 2006

Antilles

We finally have real, official word (not just internet rumors and hearsay) about the debut date of Series Two in the UK... Doctor Who is back on BBC1 on Saturday 15 April at 7:00pm, followed by the new season of the documentary series "Doctor Who Confidential".

Courtesy 'Outpost Gallifrey' news section.

Well, I wont have anything booked on that night, just me, me, me and the Telly! Cant wait for the Cybermen and Sarah and K-9, be nice to see them again! Anyone know if these evil cat-people are anything to do with McCoy's last story 'Survival'? If so, may we see the Master sometime?

PS Mickey's Tie-In website is back HERE! and the first TARDISODE is up on the Official BBC website

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha Ha, Mickeys website is already full of little secrets and clues. If you follow that link he mentions in the video mail and follow the link to 'Millingdales Ice cream' and check out their flavours LOL. A few I get are obvious, not sure on others. Theres 'Golden Age Delight (Invasion Of The Dinosaurs), Christmas Surprise (Christmas Invasion), Lady Of The Lake (Battlefield), Silver Giant (All Cybermen stories basically). Theres a few more there like Fish n Chips (to do with Rose I bet). What else can you all find. I love these tidbits, and am already looking for Bad-Wolf type things (not Bad Wolf but you know what I mean, story arc clues.)

Additional. Theres a pic of werewolf in the Lifeboat Hstory section. BIG clue as I hear theres going to be an awesome werewolf story!

Indeed, looks like major effort in effects this year. The wierd effect with the Doctor intrigues me, you know, with the multiple image trail behind him, almost like hes out of sync with time. Damn, the 15th April is gonna take ages to get here now aaargh! :)

RTD must have a thing about wolves, last year BAD WOLF, this year Werewolf....unless, theres some kinda connection, coz that really looks like a BAD wolf!

Outpost Gallifrey should have details, I havent seen any though, but not been payng attention to Canadas schedule sorry. One week to go people, YAY!

EDIT: Found this....

Doctor Who Back for Season Two on CBC

The official BBC site reports that the CBC will broadcast the second season of the new series of Doctor Who and the Christmas special The Christmas Invasion

Executive Producer and head writer Russell T. Davies said in response to this, "We're delighted to have the CBC on board for another season," said Russell T Davies. "They have been the perfect partner on Doctor Who - sharing the editorial vision at the outset, then running a strong campaign from sexy posters to slick witty trailers, and best of all having the confidence to schedule the series in a big showy prime time slot."

Launched with an impressive press campaign, Doctor Who has been shown on Tuesday nights throughout the spring of 2005. Ratings peaked at over 900,000 viewers--which are impressive ratings for a CBC series. The series managed to double the viewers in a timeslot opposite ratings juggernauts American Idol and Canadian Idol.

There is no news from the CBC about when the new season will air on CBC, though with hockey back (last season there was an NHL lockout) it is unlikely that it will be in the spring. CBC sources have indicated either the summer or, more likely, the fall of 2006. Stay tuned for more information!