ENTERPRISE - Last episode (S4, EP22)

hayden

I personally enjoyed this series of star trek and thought it was a good change, i would like to know where other people stand on this series and what they liked and dis-liked. More inperticular the last episode, i have thought about this and realised they rushed through the last season due to cancellation of the series but still find my self not satisfied with the conclusion.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was not a fan of Enterprise... however, I liked the finale (mostly).

I did not like the whole thing with Trip's death. I thought it was rushe and kind of stupid.. here you have a guy who survives coubntl;ess perils and then dies in space of 15 minutes from raiders... hmm..

I DID like the whole idea of Ryker and Troi being part of the show and taking it back to "Pegasus - TNG". That was well thought out.

Lastly, I really liked the finish with all the different Enterperises and Captains voices.. very well done.

yeah.. thats exactly it they rushed through it and it just kinda ruined it for me.. but i have to agree with you on the whole TNG holodeck bizzo was really good along with the ''to search out new... ....where no person has gone before" was great.

a few episodes before that they incorporate an episode from TOS as well, i think its 'mirror, mirror', and you see they defient in the alternate universe where it is trapped.. that was another good bit or writting as well....

but still does not make up for the final episode (neglecting certain 'finer' aspects)

TATV is a disappointing finale for such a great series that met an early death (Before they should show the Romulan War, and the events leading up to the founding and the federation and more Orions), however it does help slightly to think of Demons/Terra Prime as the Two-Part finale and TATV as a finale for the modern era (TNG DS9 VOY and ENT) of trek.

the whole cook idea was a bit cheap i thought.. there was no relationship build up with the crew and him the whole series and then in the last episode thye come out and say that he was like a councilor, well it was a bit much i thought.

it was just starting to kick off with the romulan war and what not and cut at the knees.... its good to see im not the only one that thinks this way haha.

It was such a blatant way to get Riker in all the new series of ST.

And this is a problem? As far as I see it TNG is kind of the "gold" of Star Trek... and Trek always builds of of the relationship the fans have with the previous shows... so if someone appears from TNG it gives that warm feeling of nostalgia.. and thats great!

I.ve been busy awhile, but I'm back just in timw eh?

I loved Enterprise, it took a bit for me to bother with it, after all, What would Scott Bakula Offer Star Trek fans...

We, it was cool, and through it all, I prefered season 3, but the conclusion of season 4 was rushed but I don't think anyone was trying to sell some other Trek Generation, I think it was an easy way out.

Guest c4evap

I didn't care for this series when it first aired. I didn't believe Scott Backula was right for the role. I watched the first few EPs then stopped. Years later I happened to see the MU two-parter and was blown away. I decided to give the series another shot. Well, I'm still not a maga-fan of this one but it is enjoyable. I've even bought all four seasons on DVD. I plan to watch it from beginning to end. Right now I'm making my way through DS9 (also one I wasn't fond of in the beginning - but am now).

Anyway...the last EP? It stunk (*c4 holds nose*). Poorly done. Instead of this EP they should have made a third part to the MU EPs (IMHO).

c4 B)

If having characters crowbarred in makes you feel warm and fuzzy' date=' clearly we're on different pages.[/quote']

crowbarred? i think we ARE on different pages. I thought it was a brilliant idea... lead the abandonded series back to the most succesful Trek.

The real issue with this episode is that they didnt have the foresight to see that they were not going to make it to the next season and should have prepared for the finale several episodes earlier. As it is, they didnt have the time and so had to do the best with what they had.

At any rate, series finales are supposed to finish up on a note which leaves you thiking... I think Rykers appearance was meant to remind us that this series all leading to something bigger... the Trek of the future.

I loved Enterprise, it took a bit for me to bother with it, after all, What would Scott Bakula Offer Star Trek fans...

Hahahhahah! That was exactly what i was thinking. Mr. Nice guy Quantum Leap meets the Enterprise. :D

I thought it was a brilliant idea... lead the abandonded series back to the most succesful Trek.

Do you work for a PR company? Because that's about two steps away from saying "imagineer". Anyway, let's not bicker - we don't agree on the issue, why dwell on it.

Anyway' date=' let's not bicker - we don't agree on the issue, why dwell on it.[/quote']

Because I'm a bickerer! :D

Actually, I just forgot to add a smiley face to the end of my last message to let you know it is all in fun.

We can hash out these important world issues in a spirit of fun. I trust you... and you can trust me (trust me not to be a butt-head that is). :D So let the bickering commence!

:cyclops: B) :stare: :o ;) :D