Paypal

Rebellion

Guest c4evap

Oh my. I had some experience with both Paypal and Ebay.

Mostly...Paypal is safe. Just like using your credit card on line (actually one and the same).

a few things to remember however...

1. If someone on (let's say) Ebay rips you off (doesn't send item you bought) - you can get your money back. BUT...if they leave Ebay (no longer a member) you can kiss your sweet bucks good bye! (happened to me).

2. If you receive a damaged item - you will need an "expert" to determin the "damage" and that can be costly, especially if the item isn't that expensive. (also happened to me)

3. For safety's sake - CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD OFTEN! VERY OFTEN, LIKE ONCE A WEEK.

I change mine every week...can't be too careful ya know.

hope this helps ya...

c4 B)

Guest Mrthumps

I use Paypal alot for ebay as a buyer and a seller and it's perfectly safe.

I've heard the horror stories similar to that of c4's(which sound more ebay related thatn directly paypal related) but for the most part paypal is perfectly safe to use.

If you're unsure about it Rebellion, I suggest try using it to pay for items on ebay that are super cheap, say under $10, and that way if you get hosed/rippedoff, it's not like you're losing a great deal of cash on the auction.

The worst thing about eBay to me was several customers returning perfectly good ddr memory for the refund.

It workd here every time. PayPal has never been a problem for me.

I did purchase a dvd burner there that couldn't recognize dvds. :( I diagnosed it as a bad laser. Returned it to the seller's store. A month and half later I was sent a replacement. ;)

The scariest thing is all the phishing letters I get. PayPal says, eBay must alert you, blah, blah, I read it, scan it for links and check that they aren't really from them and then I report them for spoofing addresses. People do fall for them all the time, though. Read carefully.

Guest c4evap

Wow! Very interesting site. I've bookmarked it and will check it out in more detail. Thanx!!!

c4 B)

One thing about paypal dont leave alot of money in your account. If your a seller transfer your money OFTEN. The fact is the horror storries you hear are mostly about paypal suspending an account and the person unable to get there money back. Accounts can be seized for a whole slew of reasons. So if your selling questionable items be very very careful! You can also get a paypal debit card to speed up the process of withdrawing funds! The way to do that is simple and Free! Just go to any grocery store, Big store not the little mom and pops. Buy a few items then get cash back and it wont cost you a cent.

Biggest thing people dont realize with paypal is thet they CAN AND WILL seize your account if THEY feel there's a good reason. The problem with that is youd have to fight them real hard to get the money back. In fact if it's a large enough amt. You may have to take them to court!

I myself have never had any problems with paypal except Blockbuster charged me 4.19 when it said the purchase was denied! Im still waiting for a reply on that one OVER A MONTH AGO.....Im not so sure about customer service they do however have a phone number you can call HOWEVER it's not a 1800 # so that also is an issue! Im not sure why C4 is so paranoid, however changing passwords has always been a smart idea with any acct. Not just paypal

I've had it with them sending me emails saying my acct is going to expire. I try to login and can't remember my password, and those right honorable bastards are too cheap to have an 800# to complain or even let you send them an email.

You're better off going to a pawn shop.

Oh, apparently they DO have an 888#. Don't matter anyways, my old CC# was changed yrs ago after some fraud

(probably paypal hack $300 dig cam) and I closed the new CC shortly after. Have a biz CC now.

13.gif

Guest Mrthumps
I've had it with them sending me emails saying my acct is going to expire. I try to login and can't remember my password' date=' and those right honorable bastards are too cheap to have an 800# to complain or even let you send them an email.[/quote']

You do know that odds are those are scam emails trying to get your info from you right?

They're legit. Keep telling me my acct is going to expire and I need to sign in. Then when I try and fail they send me email saying sb tried to access it and sending me the same "verify identity" link that they sent in the first email about my acct expiring. I've given up and don't care to waste a dime calling them. My CC info there is long dead anyway.

I've used PayPal for a while now - and i've had no problems with it and it seems a really good way of sending money safley

No offense, but that worries me :o Nothing personal, because I've often noticed that youre very sensible and adult for your age, but I seriously hope that you mean that your parents do that for you. I think my 16-year olds would easily get in debt if they had their own Paypal account, and knowing that they could is really scary.

Guest c4evap

Well, I received good news from Paypal today. I was ripped of for $153 a few months ago (had won Ent complete 4 seasons). The seller just vanished into thin air! Paypal is refunding my $$$.

Remember: Keep good documentation if you want to get your hard earned bucks back!

c4 B)