Whats your top 5 games of all time

Antilles

Ive been playing games on most formats since time began (well, feels like it anway), I was just wondering what youre all playing these days and what your top 5 of all time were. Heres my thoughts...

Playing recently...Star Wars Empire At War, Battle For Middle Earth 1 & Tomb Raider Legend. Tried newer games but I need a new system or 3D Card at least to handle the new effects etc.

Top 5 favs of all time for me.

1. Star Wars Galaxies (MMORPG)

2. Half Life 2 (PC)

3. Phantasy Star Online (PC, GC & DC) (yup levelled up on all 3 hehe)

4. Sonic Adventure (DC)

5. Elite 1 & 2 (Spectrum & Amiga)

Theres lots more Ive loved but these stick most in my mind.

1. Master of Orion 2 (Mac) [<- serious addiction during a couple of year, atleast 1000h+]

2. Might and Magic 3 through 10 (c64, amiga, mac, pc) [i completed all but one. Can't remember which one though]

3. Elite 2 (amiga)

4. Sim City 2000 (mac)

5. Silent Service (c64)

1.Fallout 1(THE BEST of the Fallouts)

2.Command and Conquer

3.Call of Duty

4.Gothic (Better then TES, More interactive)

5.Day of Defeat

At the moment, Im playing City of Villains, Rise of Nations Rise of Legends, Command and Conquer Generals, Full Spectrum Warrior Ten Hammers and Day of Defeat Source.

I should have listed 'Full Throttle' by Lucasarts as I had a great time in 1995 with this good old point n click adventure comedy about a bunch of Greasy Bikers in the Midwest or wherever trying to stop a evil businessman from destroying the last great Bike manufacturer in America. They were planning a number 2 but got scrapped for some reason last year, bugger them it would have been awesome.

Had the best soundtrack for an early-ish PC game I thought, Im not a heavy/metal person myself but the intro Theme just rocked, by 'The Gone Jackals' if I remember right, and Mark Hamill done a couple of the voice-overs for the game.

going old skool here ain't been on the scene for a but butt....... :)

1) alex the kid (MSX).... ahh love at first sight!!!!

2) C&C (1st & the rest!!!)

3) Metle slug... (NEO GEO!!! well emued!!!)

4) DOOM (one only!!)

5) Tyrain... the best scrolling shoot'em up in the world!!!!!!!

oh my!

Top 5 not in any order

Doom I and II

Duke Nukem 3D

Dungeon Keeper I and II (shame 3 was pulled cuz bullfrog wanted to concentrate on console games)

Elite (first game i loved (X beyond the frontier was ok too))

Age of Empires II (Empire Earth as well)

umm more than 5 i spose but hey lol.

1. Star Wars KOTOR

2. Star Wars KOTOR II

^^although they are both equally as excellent :D

3. Descent (an old classic :) )

4. Tomb Raider 1

5. ..... probably 'Praetorians' - but i'm not sure....

1. Wolfenstein 3d / Command and conquer (any) / Doom 1/2

2. Any GTA /Duke nukem 3d

3. Oblivion /Age of empires 1/2

4. Civilization 3/4 Commando's (new one)

5. Tombraider (any)

Couldn't really choose...

Of all time, hehe, okay:

1. Deus Ex

2. Quake III

3. Half Life (original game)

4. Civilisation (the first one)

5. Warcraft III

All old, I know, but it was all time and for whatever reason I can't understand, I usually like 'originals' best, plain 'sequals' usually suck, like half life is way better than half life 2 imo, same for kotor 2 is worse than kotor or ground control 2 is worse than ground control and homeworld is better than homeworld 2... Civilisation was better than 2 (haven't played 3 or 4)... Deus Ex, better then the 2nd one. The list goes on... Only real exceptions are quake 3, but is incomparable to 1 and 2, it was a totally different kind of game. And warcraft 3, but I guess that increased multiplayer possibilities have made me like it better. Some others:

6. Knights of the Old Republic (1st game)

7. Doom III (had just gotten a new vid card for the game (actually, the game came with the card) and it looked super great)

8. Elite Force (1st)

9. Ground Control

10. Street Rod

11. Pax Imperia

12. Homeworld

13. GP3

14. Hearts/Spades (yeah, lame addiction :p )

15. 16. 17. 18. 19. 20.... A bunch of 'lame sequals' like: Elite Force 2, Ground Control 2, Homeworld 2, Civilization 2, GP4, kotor2, deus ex 2, half life 2, .....

edit: did I mention my extreeeeeme distaste for 1st person shooters that make extensive use of frequent spawning of enemies in places where you've allready been? Half Life 2 does this all the time, I so truely hate that!

1) Sid Meiers Civilization

2) Age of Empires 2: Age of Kings

3) Soul Calibur 2

4) Halo 2

5) Commander Keen

WOW! Commander Keen! A classic from my (and many other's) childhood.

For me, it's...

1.) FF VII

2.) Diablo II (for pure addictiveness)

3.) Call of Duty

4.) Chrono Trigger

5.) A tossup between Civilization II and Halo

The games i remember best from old times is Sonic (SEGA) and keen dreams (PC)

nowdays i only play PC games:

- Oblivion is great

- UT2004 (i like the great modding comunity.)

- C&C Red Alert 2/Age of Empires 2 Age of Kings

Hmm... In no particular order.

1. GTA San Andreas.

2. Alpha Centauri.

3. Deus Ex.

4. KOTOR.

5. Q3.

It's difficult though, RPGs/FPSs/RTSs/MMORPG - all very different games.

Deus Ex is probably one of the best fusions of RPG/FPS there is though - easily on a par with the System Shock games. It's a real shame that they had to go and spoil it all by saying something stupid like "X-box friendly idiot sequel."

KOTOR is probably one of the most awesome RPGs of all time (also marred by an inferior sequel).

Alpha Centauri represents a point in gaming that, in many respects, has yet to be truly surpassed .

San Andreas was just so much fun. I think that free-form games are becoming more common these days... but GTA does it so well. People level a lot of accusations at the game "Oh, you just run around and kill whores." As far as I'm aware, these people are to a man (or woman) idiots.

Q3 - It's still popular today and it must be getting on for... what, 6-7 years old?

I think honourable mentions should go to... Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, Starcraft, Dungeon Siege 2 (which did diablo 2, better than diablo 2), Syndicate Wars, The Elder Scrolls, AVP2, Jedi Knight series, Railroad Tycoon 3, Dungeon Keeper 2 and the X-com games.

Funny you should mention Elder Scrolls, Ive stuck Morrowind back on my machine seeing as Oblivion wont quite play on my 5 year old machine...it almost does, need a bit more processor juice! But I love the offline RPG that I can do at my own pace, I doubt Ill ever play a monthly charged MMO ever again after the badly handled Star Wars Galaxies.