What do you think of Enterprise?

GigamanD87

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I`m re-watching Enterprise at the moment to try and make an accurate comparison between this show and newer Sc-Fi shows such as BSG and Heroes.

Being a Trekster I`m going to have to say that I do enjoy Enterprise more than the newer shows, I'm a ST fan and thats the problem! I get the feeling that this show was written with fans in mind. Despite all the time line goofs, I like to think that the time line we see in Enterprise didnt actually occur prior to TOS or TNG which explains why Archer never gets a mention, it is in essence a ST show based in the future not the past.

Enterprise certainly had the best special effects of any ST series.

So my vote is yes. Its a shame Enterprise was cut short particulary for ST fans. The problem wasnt Enterprise, the problem was the two words 'Star Trek'. With everyone the world over trying to be 'cool dudes' or 'cool gals', watching Star Trek isnt something the masses consider as the hip thing to do. The franchise killed Enterprise.

For the new Star Trek film or any new series to be popular Star Trek needs to be repackaged and re-sold to the masses, a lot like Skoda cars were in the UK. To do this the most creative and intelligent minds will need to be hired because this will be a tall order. For the producers of the new film the fate of a franchise rests in your hands........no pressure :-)