What do you think of Enterprise?

GigamanD87

Actually not all of us are that fond of enterprise, first couple of seasons you normally find it hard to get into, afterward ALL the other series picked up in there later seasons (TNG season 3 onwards) (ds9 season 4 on-wards), and Voyager season 4.

Enterprise does seem to be lacking in humour, has least 2/3 weak regualr characters and some of the episodes in season 4 really suck i.e episode 10 and several episodes just average.

Personally I think they are missing breman, piller, Geri taylor and Moore.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but we should steal the effiel tower and plant it in San Francisco so it be call the city of love. :P hey worth a try.

lol. but right now it's the city of the gays, so lets keep the straight love away from the gay love

Why?

Love is love. If somebody else's love scares you, then perhaps your love isn't quite what you think it is ... the ability to love makes us human. If you get too hung up with who else is loving who else, then you're not loving, you're judging ... which is sad.

:(

I've loved a number of gay men. My father-in-law, who died of AIDS just months before my son and his first grandchild was born. A wonderful client, HIV positive now for 16 years, whose heart is so big he can love the world. A dear friend who helped me figure out that I wasn't set out for romantic relationships with other men. A beautiful soul who I partnered with during a year-and-a-day long spiritual/psychological training program. My son's good friend who can't come out to his parents because his father is a homophobe. Our ex-marriage counselor who was one of my favorite profs.

And the list goes on and on. I wonder when they'll get bold enough to include a gay couple as characters in a Star Trek series or movie? TOS broke real ground by putting Nichelle Nichols on the bridge. Time to keep that tradition alive - a married couple of men, exploring the universe. That ought to separate those who get Trek from the wannabes!

i read a article bout a year ago about France making a Ion Propulsion Engine based off Star Trek.

In 1998 I got to visit the NASA prototype ion propulsion engine at Marshall Space Center. It was pretty cool, but the team that got me there was disbanded and I lost track of the project.

Ion propulsion will never get off the ground, but it has a lot of potential for continuously accelerating a probe on a deep space mission.

but we should steal the effiel tower and plant it in San Francisco so it be call the city of love. :P hey worth a try.

lol. but right now it's the city of the gays, so lets keep the straight love away from the gay love

Why?

Love is love. If somebody else's love scares you, then perhaps your love isn't quite what you think it is ... the ability to love makes us human. If you get too hung up with who else is loving who else, then you're not loving, you're judging ... which is sad.

:(

I've loved a number of gay men. My father-in-law, who died of AIDS just months before my son and his first grandchild was born. A wonderful client, HIV positive now for 16 years, whose heart is so big he can love the world. A dear friend who helped me figure out that I wasn't set out for romantic relationships with other men. A beautiful soul who I partnered with during a year-and-a-day long spiritual/psychological training program. My son's good friend who can't come out to his parents because his father is a homophobe. Our ex-marriage counselor who was one of my favorite profs.

And the list goes on and on. I wonder when they'll get bold enough to include a gay couple as characters in a Star Trek series or movie? TOS broke real ground by putting Nichelle Nichols on the bridge. Time to keep that tradition alive - a married couple of men, exploring the universe. That ought to separate those who get Trek from the wannabes!

In fact there's an DS9 show where Dax is kissing another girl, it's "rejoined" I think, maybe an allegoria for that no?

The Eiffel Tower Remind me of a joke:

A gay guy is looking the Eiffel Tower, think deeply and said to himself:"no that's greediness..."

Just a poke, respect to gay and lesbians...

I'm not so fond of enterprise (yet) - Season 1&2 were moderately ok and season 3 was not at all to my liking.

However, season 4 I do like, so hopefully it'll grow on me :rolleyes:.

Oh, and to those of you with strong feelings concerning the french: Please go France and tell 'em...Let me know how it goes.

hmm... my first post... at last http://tracker.thompson-web.org/forum/index.php?a=mod&s=edit_post&p=2478#

:)

don't you people think there should be more options to chose in this poll - like "yes i do, but as the s. 4 goes on it's less and less that i do"

i don't think i have ever seen good ideas for episodes ruined so badly - the vulcan arc for example - all this ending in a stone shining with green lights and all the vulcans saying "oh, we were so wrong, but now we see that, and we weren't the true vulcans, but we'll be from now on..."

and the acting is getting worse and worse - especially bacula, making more and more of his stupid looking faces...

so generally, the answer is yes, but with few more episodes like the last ones it it's going to change to no :-/

In the beginning, when they announced Enterprise as being "retro-trek", I was rather... doubtful, to say the least, about the potential of this show.

BUT, I have to admit, I feel much closer to the current characters who seem much more Human to me, as in what we are today, than Picard with his "Goodie two-shoes" approach where he never gets really pissed, never does anything that's "against the rules", etc...

I see in Archer an even more "human" version of Kirk. he gets mad, he curses (lightly, admitted, but this is TV), and he even tortured someone to get information!!! :D

WAY TO GO WRITERS! :D

As far as I'm concerned, a "not so canon" storyline with very great writing and more beleivable characters is better than a completely canon storyline that just gets old fast...

My main gripe with Enterprise: "Polarize the hull plating" is just like "raise the shields", except without saying "shields". and, firthermore, if you would charge a piece of hull plating, upon any serious damage, wouldn't that make it even worse, especially with energy/particle weapons like phasers?! x_x

Anyway, despite it's small but apparent flaws, Enterprise is, IMHO, one of the best treks out there...

In the beginning, when they announced Enterprise as being "retro-trek", I was rather... doubtful, to say the least, about the potential of this show.

BUT, I have to admit, I feel much closer to the current characters who seem much more Human to me, as in what we are today, than Picard with his "Goodie two-shoes" approach where he never gets really pissed, never does anything that's "against the rules", etc...

I see in Archer an even more "human" version of Kirk. he gets mad, he curses (lightly, admitted, but this is TV), and he even tortured someone to get information!!! :D

WAY TO GO WRITERS! :D

As far as I'm concerned, a "not so canon" storyline with very great writing and more beleivable characters is better than a completely canon storyline that just gets old fast...

My main gripe with Enterprise: "Polarize the hull plating" is just like "raise the shields", except without saying "shields". and, firthermore, if you would charge a piece of hull plating, upon any serious damage, wouldn't that make it even worse, especially with energy/particle weapons like phasers?! x_x

Anyway, despite it's small but apparent flaws, Enterprise is, IMHO, one of the best treks out there...

I hate to say this but at the moment the storys are not working, if they where then the ratings and the future of enterprise wouldnt be in doubt (even if they are rumours).

And i would deffo wouldnt say that Enterprise is one of the best out of all the series, if it was then there wouldnt be any doubt into its future. Maybe Star trek has been on the TV to long and viewers need something different. I to love all star trek but Enterprise has been hard to get into properly.

Polarising the Hull Plate is actually an effective technique. if you have read your old Star Trek Technical Manuals, you will see that every starship from the constitution class onwards to the sovereign class has polarisation, otherwise called deflectors.

The actual science works like this:

If you have an explosion, it would explode outwards and it would eject positive energy, and like a magnet, Negative energy attracts it, like lightning to a conductor. So naturally, you reverse it so you have two positive ends and they both repell one another. Or something like that.

Basically, polarising the Hull effectively matches the ships plateing to the polarisation of the warhead/energy beam and tries to push away all energy it can.

Most science in Star Trek has been created in a way that it all links to either thoeries or extended on what we already have.

I want a series that sticks to canon and if it tries to make canon then please do it right!!!

Go watch TOS.

If you want only a canon Trek, you'll never have anything close to Enterprise. I do like Enterprise, and I do think that the timeline restoration stuff is stupid. But I'm not complaining about how noncanon it is... What would you say, if I'd make a prequel series to "Friends" call it "Buddies" and have some younger clones of them stars in it, would you start complaining of how noncanon it is, because Ross has friends instead of being bullied away?

Look, I agree with the statement that the timeline restoration is some pathetic excuse for a plot device, as well as that the NX-01 looks a damned lot like Akira and stuff... but all this "canon" and "noncanon" stuff.. :mad:

As for your posts, Elderbear:

War. Rape. Murder. Poverty. Equal rights for gays. Where is this world coming to?

I for myself am disgusted by the idea of homosexuality. I am, not because I am told to be, but because I would never, ever want to experience it myself.

But for other people, I believe they should have some rights indeed... they are after all still human beings. Be it a little different... I would never say gays are walking filth, I know some nice men and women that are gay. So what? However, I fear to come close to them. I'll never get as close with them as I get with 'straight' people.. male and female alike.

I do not believe there should be a law to allow gay marriages however, for I would never let my child, nor my grandchild come to accept gay as the normal standard.

As ending quote I have a message showing the respect from some radical gay people towards our congressmen:

"Jesse Helms and Newt Gingrich were shaking hands congratulating themselves on the introduction of an antigay bill in Congress. If it passes, they won't be able to shake hands, because it will then be illegal for a prick to touch an asshole." ~Judy Carter

I am sorry, but statements like this spoil the chance on my vote that gay people might have gotten after all...

With the greatest respect, to ALL,

Elladan