What is your favourite David tennant Story

Pella

I'm surprised no one has voted for Doomsday! Even though for me Doomsday was the best epsiode for me, my favourite has to be 'The Girl In the Fireplace' - there was just something hauntingly beautiful about it and the clockwork robots were absolutely exquisite - the best designed of the new series 'monsters'.

I think that I voted for "The Girl in the Fireplace" because it was the best Tennant as the Doctor story. I think that Army of Ghosts/Doomsday was better for Rose. I know that this really doesn't make sense but maybe it's the alternate earth in me talking.

I prefered Ghosts/Doomsday because it was the one episode that had me holding my breath and gripping the arm of my couch.. and I had a good idea of what was gonna happen. And Rose is far from my favorite companion.

And while I agree that Tennant has had better "Doctor stories" The look of terror and dread as Rose pushed that lever was (for me) his best moment in the series.

That said, I admit to enjoying Love and Monsters, because it was COMPLETELY unexpected. And very brave to screw around with a episode like that. And I admit to enjoying some of the music... But my enjoyment of a episode because of it's intentional badness, and my love of bringing back two of my favorite companions, took a far back seat to a episode that actually took me on a complete rollercoaster ride.

Although I was very despondent when K-9 sacrificed himself...

"Your a very bad dog."

"affirmative."

Why is Children in Need always included in the polls and on people's list of favorite stories? It was only like 1 minute long. As such, It's more like a deleted scene than a proper story. May as well add "Attack of the Graske" while you're at it. If I were to take a single minute from each episode that has been aired, I'd come up with at least 20 other examples that would mop the floor with "Children in Need".

Okay, I'm done ranting now. :)

I choose Army of Ghosts/Doomsday.

Impossible Planet/Satan Pit - Doomsday had too much sap to be a favourite

Satan trapped in a world hovering over a black hole (and it wasn't Earth). The Doctor's so-called beating the devil wasn't really his doing (ooh, smash a vase, fall into a black hole and die flaming, Satan) and he was almost too cocky and arrogant to bear was it not for the fact that he took a back seat for the second half being trapped in the Pit.

What really sold it was how Satan manipulated all of them, most died and there was the classic air-duct escape (funny because one of the guys had been in the Alien films) and the curiosity of the Tardis appearing right where the Doctor needed it begging the question who actually put it there?

I had to go for Doomsday it was the only episode out of all 3 of the new doctor who stories that i have given a 10 for. Impossible planet was good but the satan pit was dissapointing. if doomsday didnt get a 10 from me then it would have been girl in the fireplace but i really liked love and monsters too. all in all this season is the best out of the last 3 and i cant wait to see the next series tho i will miss Rose :( so yep Army of ghosts/Doomsday.

Voted for Girl in the Fireplace because of the 4 stories I thought were best it wasn't something I'd seen or heard about before. Unlike:

School Reunion (I wrote a similar story over a decade ago)

Impossible Planet/Satan pit (Didn't Tom Baker and Ian Marter want to do a movie about the Doctor meeting the Devil back in the 70's?)

Army of Ghosts/Doomsday (I wrote one similar to this story too, as the Eighth Doctor's final story)

So it seems to me that the production team is swipimg ideas (especially ones that I've already had).

Why is Children in Need always included in the polls and on people's list of favorite stories? It was only like 1 minute long. As such' date=' It's more like a deleted scene than a proper story.[/quote']

Actually it was closer to 7 minutes which is quite long to be considered a scene, however I do agree that it's not really an episode either and never really stood a chance in the poll. I suspect it's hear for completeness more than any other reason.

Why is Children in Need always included in the polls and on people's list of favorite stories? It was only like 1 minute long. As such' date=' It's more like a deleted scene than a proper story.[/quote']

Actually it was closer to 7 minutes which is quite long to be considered a scene, however I do agree that it's not really an episode either and never really stood a chance in the poll. I suspect it's hear for completeness more than any other reason.

EXACTLY!