Israel's Soon To Be War

Tenebrae

wake up kido. america gives isreal 40 billion a year in military support alone.

Payment for services imho, unless you want to find another Country in the middle east that's "pro american". How much does it cost to have another Country do your dirty work for you? Priceless intelligence, the ability to take out nuclear reactors, not to mention distracting that regions focus towards Israel rather then the United States. 40 Billion is a cheap price to pay and unlike Iraq we actually see some results for our dollars.

I think alot of you are just "anti-semites" .........

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What Megalith is saying is why I also say that the rest of the world should just let this thing play out and help out those that need help after it's all done. Unfortunately, that is NOT going to happen, anymore than having all the terrorist groups vanish or Israel pack up and leave are going to happen.

Also, I want to make something clear... I have no issues with civillian / political branches of these groups... only the militant branches that don't listen to any other part of the organization and derail any attempts at compromise (I also include Israeli groups that, say, assassinate their own leaders in this category). Only a compromise will work in this situation, and nobody is even thinking about compromises... therefore, bloody war will happen and is happening, and the only thing up in the air is whether the rest of the world will be dragged into this or not.

Well' date=' if you look at it that way, then it really IS the fault of the US... The things that are going on... :p[/quote']It's not really anyone's fault, we basically pay off Israel to be the "heavy" in that region, sometimes they have to play hardball. This is what happens when soldiers or nationals are kidnapped and held used for extortion. Once this shit happens a country has no choice but to shake things up=Israel vs. Hezbollah. Israels biggest problem is that like any military terrorist factional state sponsored what have you. hezbollah now has some decent technology such as was exhibited in the ship attack.

To sum it up

If i was Israels prime minister id shake things up for a few more days then deescalate and start negotiating on the hostages. The last rumour i heard was Hezbollah was willing to trade 3-2 which is pretty damn good imho, obviously there's alot more stipulations involved or Israel would have certainly taken this deal.

I wouldnt be so worried about this event basically it's a police action and by the end of the month it will be over.

I wouldnt be so worried about this event basically it's a police action and by the end of the month it will be over.

... and hopefully, you're right. ^^

it will be but it doesnt hurt to say a prayer.......what your hearing from Hezbollah right now is alot of bravado to back Israel off...and believe me Israel doesnt want any part of that quicksand.

I don't see how they (Israel) would trade... That doesn't make sense. If they do, in a few months they(Hezbollah)'ll just take a few more and to trade some more... They can keep on doing this... So it doesn't matter what the proportions are. Even if they (Israel) make a clause saying that this will only be done once, it won't matter. If I were a terrorist, I'd know in advance that taking hostages would not really help me in the long run, the only reason to do it anyway, is to postpone the inevitable or to provoke. I don't think those people are stupid, so they must know that too... (another possibility is, that they did it in a fit of rage, in which case they'll be happy they got of so easily, trading I mean).

If the US is paying Israel to spy/play hard/... Then it is obvious to me that this is going to piss off all surrounding countries and inhabitants and they'll just want to 'get even' for it. That's natural. I call it provocation and the supporter of the provocer is the real culpritt imo. Now, I don't know if they do what they do because of the reasons you gave, but if you're right about that, then it is extremely clear that the US is the most guilty party. Say the EU funded the mexicans to spy/disrupt the US, that would make the EU more guilty of the actions than the one executing them... At least, that's my opinion. This last paragraph was completely rethorical for my part btw, since I have no evidence/suspicions in that direction besides that one comment above.

As for the no choice, that's just an excuse. 9 chances out of 10 the one saying it does have a choice, they just don't like the other choice, so they say: "I have no choice"... Now, if you're a normal person and you've been holding you breath for 2 minutes, THEN you've got no choice but to breath, you've got no control over that, so you've got no choice. ;)

Guest Mrthumps

It's only going to get worse before it gets better.

I hate to think like this but I personally feel this is the one that will tear the mid-east apart and that this is going to lead us to WWIII.

Payment for services imho, unless you want to find another Country in the middle east that's "pro american". How much does it cost to have another Country do your dirty work for you? Priceless intelligence, the ability to take out nuclear reactors, not to mention distracting that regions focus towards Israel rather then the United States. 40 Billion is a cheap price to pay and unlike Iraq we actually see some results for our dollars.

I think alot of you are just "anti-Semites" .........

first of all alot of other Arab countries get military support an example is Egypt which also performs favours for the US, being the case that the 40 B is a price for something does not negate the fact that it is helping the Israelis.

anti Semite??? are you talking about Arabs. first of all most Arabs except for those who are descendants from afro race are Semites, the anti Semite word was made to describe Europeans who persecuted Jews “which are Semites†in a period in which Jews lived in harmony for centuries in Arab states.

I am anti Zionist, I do not deny that, because it is nothing shameful, there is a great difference between being against a race or the followers of a religion which is something I would never do and being against a movement that had killed and kicked millions out of their homes. now we can debate the details of the Israeli Palestinian conflict but the simple fact that the Palestinian have been killed in great numbers and a lot of them kicked out and their cities and villages are attacked and bombed a lot of them are arrested without declaring what their crimes are and without facing any sort of trial, now the plebeians and other Lebanese factions do perform attacks against Israelis some of these are against civilians which I am totally against but really can you compare the 2. Can you compare the percussion of Palestinians by legitimate factions of the Israeli government "the IDF and the mosad and shin biet" and the actions of underground organizations that are established in a country which the Israelis will not even allow its government full control over it??

I wouldnt be so worried about this event basically it's a police action

DAAYYYUMMM! Wherever you live, I bet no one messes with the police.

At the moment, it's more like a proxy conflict between the US (funding Israel) and Iran (funding Hezbolla). Not a great sign.

I wouldnt be so worried about this event basically it's a police action

DAAYYYUMMM! Wherever you live, I bet no one messes with the police.

At the moment, it's more like a proxy conflict between the US (funding Israel) and Iran (funding Hezbolla). Not a great sign.

It doesnt pay to mess with the police and it's a bad business practice! You left out Syria who im damn sure is playing a major role in this conflict.

The UN want to place an armed force in the neutral ground with the intentions of bringing both parties to the table to talk about resolving this issue, but the US has encouraged Israel to carry on with this campaign until the soliers are handed back. The US has said they want no part in such a UN campaign.

IMHO the sooner the UN places a force in the warzone the better, i cant see Hizbollah handing over these soldiers because of bombardment as after all what this strategy is doing is ensuring israel has less and less allies.

As for hostage ratios it isnt about the numbers its about who, Hizbollah want high profile prisoners released in exchange for unknown soldiers and i cant see that they will be too willing to do this, after all these soldiers have sworn to give their lives in the protection of the motherland.

Well, we know - thanks to an open mic - that Bush and Blair pretty much think that Israel ought to go into Syria.

It's so pointless, both sides know there will probably be a cease-fire but they're trying to do as much damage as possible in that time.

The situation isn't going to be easily resolved - it's not about a couple of kidnapped soldiers.

I think the fact is, if this wasn't Israel - this probably WOULD be considered a war.

It's certainly not an easy situation. Hezzbollah are militarily more powerful than the Lebonese government and probably enjoy more popular support.

I think the fact is, if this wasn't Israel - this probably WOULD be considered a war.

It's certainly not an easy situation. Hezzbollah are militarily more powerful than the Lebonese government and probably enjoy more popular support.

Israel would be making a serious error if they think there going to occupy Lebannon. I agree with Bush that we dont want any part of a UN multinational force. We're just spread to thin! It's time for Canada to step up and do there part for a change, imho Canada should be the main provider of the "so called" UN peace keeping force.

also

Israel needs to back off a little, jesus destroying someones infrastructure is not going to make them apothetic at the bargaining table in fact exactly the opposite. Furthermore Bush should just stfu anyway and worry about our economy, healthcare, and this illegal alien issue he was beating his chest on. I wont even get into the gay marriage subject.......you can see why this man just isnt a good leader= far to many issues to deal with at one time, it makes me wonder if he is afflicted with ADHD, he's all over the damn board.

It must be pointed out that what the UN is proposing is not a peacekeeping force they already have that in place on the borders and as usual an unarmed bunch of un soldiers have been unable to do anything to stop this from escalating. This new proposal wouldconsist of soldiers who are armed and have powers to actively intervine in order to prevent further action.