STAR TREK XI

Antipodean

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would like to see an unknown star in this. If it works out would be a great way to kick off a career.

It also means that if it ruins their career, which is likely would, it's not a big fall.

I am still hoping Shatner appears as Kirk in this new movie. I know this is probably over-optimistic but anyhoo...

Optimistic? Are we thinking about the same Shatner?

Hey, I happen to like Shatners Kirk! :)

(maybe my retro sentiment jumping in?)

• 1 month later...

Well, nothing new except the last paragraph, which is more speculation than anything else, but even so kind of inspiring:

Trek Script Done, Shoots In Fall

Roberto Orci, who with writing partner Alex Kurtzman is scripting the new Star Trek movie, told SCI FI Wire that they have finished the script are in preproduction on the movie, which will go into production in November under director J.J. Abrams. "We're still casting," Orci said while promoting his next film, Michael Bay's Transformers. "We're in preproduction, actually, this month."

While revealing little about the 11th Trek film's top-secret plot, Orci offered a few tidbits. "Kirk is in the movie," he said. "Some kind of Kirk. ... We literally haven't cast them yet. It's actually one of the challenges, and so we're hoping to have something by Comic-Con [in San Diego in July], but we'll see."

Orci added that producers are wrestling with whom to cast. "That's one of the debates, you know?" he said. "Like, how much does a familiar face hurt or not?" As for rumors that Matt Damon is in line for Kirk or Adrien Brody for Spock, Orci would only smile. "I've read all those rumors, too."

Is the Trek movie being eyed as the kickoff of a possible TV series? "I'm sure CBS is thinking about that," he said. "That's not [something] we're thinking about. We're just thinking about the movie. Certainly, I don't know how they could not think about that." —Patrick Lee, News Editor

SCI FI

So what do you think? New Trek series? :cyclops:

I read about that at IESB.net a few days ago.

Not really much, other than that they'll reveal some of the cast at Comic Con in July.

If it will restart the franchise with a new series. Well that depends if the movie turns out to be huge success.

But even if it doesn't I wouldn't mind if they did make a new series. ::)

hmm, to me it suggests that they are considering Matt Damon as Kirk but haven't made a commitment so far, which is a good thing. :D

I wonder how they'd make a new series out of the movie if the general idea on it being about Kirk in Starfleet Academy is true, I'm not sure if that would be a good series, but of course I wouldn't know. :D

I am hoping, if they do make a new series, that they make it a successfull one, since a bad and short running series seems to me to be the last thing Star Trek needs right now.

Now, I wouldn't mind a new series either, but in such case, I'd hope and prey to the Lords of Kobol that they make it acceptably good and don't cut it short as with Enterprise (which imo, ending that series early was still a big mistake).

Oh, wait... Lords of Kobol, that's the wrong sub forum....[me=TetsuoShima]shoots himself ;D [/me]

No, the mistake with Enterprise was letting Berman and Braga run it for three seasons and then expect Manny Cotto to somehow take a show that had been circling the drain for 3 seasons and somehow turn it into a ratings winner in 20 episodes.

I imagine that, if the film is a big success, there will be a fumble to commission a pilot for a new series... but of course, if they've got big name stars in the film there's about a 0% chance they're going to head off to the small screen for 4+ year... that said, they changed the cast for SG-1 and that went on for ten years, so it would hardly be without precedent... although, SG-1 only had two main characters from the film.

Anyway, I'd have some reservations about a show set in the TOS era with Kirk et al all younger and such... it's really just a license for another continuity debacle like Enterprise.

• 4 weeks later...
Shatner on Star Trek XI: 'He's In It. I'm Not In It.'

By Michelle

July 10, 2007 - 11:27 PM

Much to his chagrin, William Shatner (Kirk) revealed that he will not be in the upcoming Star Trek movie directed by J.J. Abrams, though his friend and former co-star Leonard Nimoy (Spock) will appear.

"I said, 'Leonard, have you heard?' He said, 'Yes, I have...I've read the script,'" Shatner explained in video on his web site. "I said, 'Is it a good script?' He said, 'Yeah.' I said, 'Am I in it?' And there was a pause. He said no. And then he began to laugh."

TrekToday <= videos available

Live long and prosper!

You realise that the actress is only 17 and the character is 15, right?

JAILBAIT'D!

It wouldn't be the first time multiple people from the same show had appeared together in an unrelated film... Jason X was one Hercules short of an Andromeda.