Director of Fan and Media Relations

Star Trek New Voyages

Email: pr(at)newvoyages.com

Web: www.newvoyages.com/

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

On-line Trek Films in Pre-Production

Star Trek: New Voyages sets course on Episode 3 and 4

VETERAN TREK WRITERS ONBOARD FOR NEW VOYAGES

GAITHERSBURG, MD, March 6, 2005  Cow Creek Films, producers of the online webisode series, “Star Trek: New Voyages†(www.newvoyages.com) has announced the start of preproduction on episodes 3 and 4.

Jack Marshall, Executive Producer of “Star Trek: New Voyages†has announced publicly that episodes 3 and 4 will lens simultaneously during two weeks of filming, September 4th-18th 2005 with a scheduled release date of early 2006 and the fall of 2006 respectively.

As previously announced, episode 3 is being written by Jack Trevino and Ethan Calk, both writers of episodes on the Star Trek: Deep Space Nine series. Trevino wrote fan favorite, “Little Green Men†and “Indiscretionâ€ÂÂ, while Calk wrote the moving epic, “Children of Time†and “Visionaryâ€ÂÂ.

Newly announced episode 4 is being penned by veteran original Trek series writer, D.C. (Dorothy) Fontana. D.C. Fontana has written such TV shows as: STAR TREK, STAR TREK THE NEXT GENERATION, STAR TREK DEEP SPACE 9, CAPTAIN SIMIAN, LONESOME DOVE, BABYLON-5, WAR OF THE WORLDS, LOGANS RUN, FANTASTIC JOURNEY, THE WALTONS, DALLAS, SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN, STREETS OF SAN FRANCISCO, BUCK ROGERS, GHOST STORY/CIRCLE OF FEAR, THE BIG VALLEY, THE HIGH CHAPARRAL, BONANZA, LANCER, THE TALL MAN as well as many, many more. She received a Writers Guild of America nomination for Best Dramatic Episodic Script, 1969, THEN CAME BRONSON. She has written video/interactive games, novels as well as short stories.

Marshall cited the main reason for filming two episodes back to back were the financial difficulty of bringing together a cast and crew from various parts of the globe. “We have people from Canada, England and both American coasts who come together on their own dime to participate in something very special. To lessen the burden, we thought filming two episodes at once would help a great dealâ€ÂÂ, Marshall was quoted as saying. “By waiting until September to film, we’re giving ourselves as much prep-time as we can use to get these two shows done just right.â€ÂÂ

Star Trek: New Voyages appeared on the internet in January 17th 2004 with a second installment being released October 8th 2004. With over 16 million downloads to date, Star Trek: New Voyages continues the missions of the original Enterprise with new actors playing the legendary characters of Captain Kirk, Mister Spock and Doctor McCoy. Star Trek New Voyages was created by James Cawley and Jack Marshall and is Executive Produced with Max Rem, Visual Effects creator and Consulting Producer, Eugene Roddenberry, Jr, son of the late Star Trek Creator, Gene Roddenberry.

Star Trek® and all associated marks and characters are registered trademarks and the exclusive property of the Paramount Picture Corporation. All rights reserved. No infringement of these rights is intended.

I'm glad this was posted...

I downloaded the first two episodes some time, ago, and, for a shoe-string budget, found them quite good actually. Some of the special effects were decent, as I doubt they have much of budget at all. The acting may not have been the best, but hey, what ya expect for amatuers?

I can make the shows available here if there is an interest.

yup i have both episodes wmv version and a bigger version not great on the 42 inch frontroom screen but great on the moniter 19" good stories in harms way much much better than the first come what may if the third is as bid an emprovement then the studios ought to pick it up

chekov is in episode 4 due out early next year

dunno if he has to use a zimmer frame or not but at least he's original lol

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I just saw them for the first time, As there are not any new Star Trek's comming out I found them Good, and worth watching. Just one thing? Why is it starting off in the 4th season? EX 4x01 and 4x02?

For fan films it is prety good.

But this isn't the only Star Trek Fan Film Project.

Look at the forum of New Voyages and you find many other fan films. http://p087.ezboard.com/fcowcreekfilmsfrm25

Sorry links broken, for me anyways.............

also with someone like D.C penning an episode you know the stories gunna get better, now if they could just bring in a few acting coaches...................

I just saw them for the first time' date=' As there are not any new Star Trek's comming out I found them Good, and worth watching. Just one thing? Why is it starting off in the 4th season? EX 4x01 and 4x02?[/quote']

It's suposed to be the sequel to the 3rd season of The Original Series. They want to complete the original 5 year voyage of the enterprise.

And here some links to other fan films:

Hidden Frontier

They have already 6 seasons

Starship Exeter

One ep released

Star Trek Andromeda

German Fan Film, release this year

Star Trek Excalibur

Will be released at the end of this year

Star Trek: Intrepid

Looks very good, Just watch the trailer.

Star Trek: USS. Hathaway

Also very good SFX. Watch the trailers.

For more fanfilms look at this forum:

New Voyages Forum

Wow, these are all very nice! I sense a wave of new potential here.

There's just one little thing though... if this sort of thing really takes off, then we might just experience another load of bullxxxx from "them" claiming things like infringement, profit losses, etc.

I'm glad there are people out there having a crack it, and it's fantastic that more people are getting onboard to help. more power to them!

yeah the acting was bad but I expected that...was kind of amusing at times. but mainly because they are trying to be characters that we know well.

I wish they had attempted to do a new ship altogether...that way any shortfalling wouldnt be so blatantly obvious. graphics is great I am really impressed. The sound needs tweaking, especially the fact that people talking over the communicator sound the same as people in the room.

I really doubt I could do any better at the acting, so I'll shut up and enjoy them :D

• 2 months later...