Win or Mac?

Commander Data

Linux, all the way. Macs use unjustifiably over-priced hardware, Windows uses unjustifiably overly controling lockdowns, and linux is diametrically opposed to these philosophies. Its basis is openness, self-education, freedom, equality, and good faith.

F&*% proprietray operating systems and content formats.

Guest c4evap
I voted Windoze. Someone has to support poor Billy Gates...

c4 :p

hehe...

Bill Gates for World President!!!

:)

billg.jpg

Why not?

c4 :cyclops:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

I've been using windows for many years and i've recently switched to a mac, 'cause they've got intel cpus now so I could have installed windows but until now (half a year) I didn't see any reason to install windows cause everything works perfect and all the things I do I can do with mac os x :)

voted for the mysterious unnamed option. i use linux and windows prefer linux, it runs faster on my pc and is a hell of a lot more versatile than xp however since i updated it to ubunto edgy it doesn't like my usb wifi and i have been forced to use windows for almost everything :( my xp is a slow heap of crud that should be in a museum tbh but using linux it can do anything (non web related) as for the mac well have never liked them and find getting software that works on them historically difficult or expensive.

To be honest I really not had many issued with win xp so not really needed to change, however the price they are now charging for Vista kinda makes me dislike Microsoft operating systems as being over priced for the home user!

• 1 month later...

I don't use windows anymore except for the college machines! All of my machines are either a) Ubuntu Linux or B) Mac OS X.

I got bored with window's crapness. E.g. Security, it's just easier to install stuff on Ubuntu (sudo aptitude install ...). And the fact that the concepts behind the OS, although they may work seem completely illogical to me.