Star Trek vs FireFly

Commander Data

FireFly dont have loyal fans like on star trek. When Enterprise was going downhill Fans from allover the world helped them (it still didnt help but..) WHen firefly didnt have anymore money to continue then the fans didnt care and it went downhill (they only made a half season)

Star Trek!

Ok - i haven't actually seen Firefly - but i mean it got 1 season and 1 movie

Star Trek got 6 series and 10 movies :p

And i loved all of it.....well most of it anyway :rolleyes:

The series is anti-corporate, anti-government and, while it takes the stand that some things are worth fighting for, it is largely anti-war. No wonder FOX did everything in its power to kill it off, including airing episodes out of order, skipping weeks after airing only three eps and, inevitably canceling the show without even airing episodes 12, 13 and 14 (out of 15). This was particularly damaging, as Firefly had a greater sense of ongoing plot than any other Whedon series in its first year. Viewers were left wondering, on more than one occasion, when a character would reference something we hadn't seen yet.

Maybe this will explain the only a half sesong thing. And Firefly do got loyal fans, just not soo many of 'em. Star Trek is very Command, Shot, Die (in other words: boring) compared to Firefly.

Actually... I think that if Star Trek had started recently, and on a station like Fox, it would probably have died in a year as well. Good TV shows that really address something contemporary tend to be destroyed these days. It's a credit to Firefly's fanbase that a movie was even made... the uproar that was caused by it's cancellation prompted that movie.

Then again, FOX is notorious for spawning excellent shows and murdering them before they get anywhere. >_<

you have to give firefly credit....

only 12 shows & it made such an impact.....

the only resaon why it didn't have world wide support when it got canceled was cus no-one knew it....

i admit i only saw/heard of the series after i watched the movie......

if you'd compare any first 12 eps of st (bar tos), with firefly,,, fire would win hands down!!!

no joke!!... i've expressed my love for ds9 in other threads but but even the first 12 eps of that can't

beat fire fly.....

That's kind of like saying "If you take the fight scenes from the Matrix Reloaded it totally beats the Matrix!"

Naturally, if you pick and choose Trek will probably win - you know why? Serenity has about... half a day. Star Trek has THREE WEEKS.

I'd have to disagree

The first season of TNG was really quite bad

DS9 and Voyager had OK beginnings but nothing too special - the later on it was much better up till the end - same with TNG and Enterprise

You can't compare 14 or 15 TV Episodes and 1 Movie that did badly at the box office to 726 Episodes in Six TV Series along with 10 (Soon 11) Movies oh which all of them were fairly successful at the box office (besides Nemesis which made up in DVD Sales).

I agree, very hard to compare those two...

I absolutely adored Firefly, it was a fantastic show (I liked the show better than the movie), but when you compare to startrek it get's really hard.

If you take all the best of startrek and compare it to firefly, startrek would probably win, but when you also take into account all the bad stuff of startrek, then the decision gets a lot harder...

I would vote draw....