the uglyest star fleet Captain

Commander MJC

Funny thing about that ugly dude you're all carrying on about... he was awarded "Sexiest Man on Television" by TV Guide in 1992. TV Guide was still a huge deal back then.

Yes. Patrick Stewart, the actor who played the bald captain on the next generation... sexiest man, 1992.

I agree... cisco is a rather ugly little ghost town, and Pickard is ugly AND destroyed an FBI agent's career.

(i.e. it's Sisko and Picard. What the heck is with all the crappy spelling all of a sudden? ... and given the names pop up every single episode at the starting AND ending credits, there's no excuse for it...)

Edit: Well... Pickard isn't THAT ugly... ^^'

It's funny. No matter how one answers, there is always the possibility of being accused of being a biggot. If I was to say "Sisko" then people could say that I'm racist. "Picard", then I have a problem with old people, "Janeway", then I'm sexist, "Kirk", then I'm some kind of Classic Trek hater. "Pike", and I'm labeled as a some kind of handicaped hater. Say Archer, then someone will say "You just didn't like Enterprise".

I think Picard didn't get much of a chance those uniforms at the start of TNG were not very flattering for a bald man of 46 he's now 66 and starting to show his age.

I think he was considered "sexy" in the early nineties mostly for his voice ;)