SG-1 Cancelled, Atlantis gets 4th season :(

Mav

Well, I think that SG-1 is probably the "new" Trek - in the sense that if you stick the name "stargate" on something, it's probably in the same league as star trek or star wars - that is to say, you could slap the name stargate on a shoebox and people would watch it.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Longest running Sci-Fi series? Have they heard of a little show called Doctor Who?

To be honest, I wish they'd just put SG-1 out it's wretched excuse for an existence and be done with it.

If they want to continue it in some other way shape or form, that would be fine but I think SG-1 has had its day.

cant someone just ban Tenebrae from StarGate forums because all he ever does is flame, his input is pointless and generally derogatory.

everyone else loves stargate and doesn't want to see it cancelled.

Thanks.

Ummm... you can slander people, not TV shows. He's just a harsh critic, that's all. It's a TV show, not a religion! ;p

Besides, as TFMF said, people are free to express their opinions, and Tenebrae just really doesn't seem to like the show. I can see his point, as it HAS become rather hit-and-miss quality these days... and I agree that they're being inaccurate (i.e. totally WRONG) when they claim it's the 'longest running Sci-Fi series', unless they put a qualifier on that (like, say, "longest running US-made Sci-Fi series" or something).

*goes back to watching his official Stargate shoebox...*

Edit: I think they're probably noticing that the series has changed too much, and this is probably just getting rid of SG1 to make way for a new series to replace it. Oh, and trying to get a more financially lucrative deal going in the meantime...

The 'old timers' seem to have more faith in the continuation of SG-1' date=' one way or the other... Not sure what that means, it was just an observation. :)[/quote']

It means that Claudia Black and Ben Browder got burned already with Farscape... that'd have to get you looking more cynically at these these things.

N.B. Is it just me, or would anybody else here like to see an ORI vs WRAITH battle before the show is done with?

I can see the headlines now:

"Man sued for slandering a TV show. People across the globe fear for having opinions that are not entirely positive."

SG-1 used to be ok for a 40 minutes of sci-fi but Gorun is right - now it's just hit and miss and I am FAR from the only person that thinks that. As I've said - they tried to keep the show the same but change it. I'm not fond of it, other people are... last time I checked, that's just the way world worked.

And correction TFMF - we've seen that the wormhole water-thingy can cut through the Ori shields... although, I think it's fair to say that only the supergate is actually the only thing that could probably go far enough. Obviously though, could be hard to lure the Ori there... maybe they could use cookies.

The Wraith would probably have been a better match for the Goauld. The Ori are clearly to be defeated by either the Ancients, or more likely a magical badger.

• 2 weeks later...

Good... It got boring anyway... An crappier an crappier as the story got more unoriginal by every episode... Ascended beings stuff was plain boring anyway... When it got to that point, and the human replicators it just became shite... I hope they leave the ascended beings out of Atlantis as much as possible, just like the human replicators... Talk about unoriginal... This serie should have stopped seasons ago.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My two view on this is

1. Stargate SG1 is NOT the longest running Sci-fi show so thats wrong for starters, that accolade goes to Dr Who by a long mile

2. Stargate SG1 has been going on for a amzing run, but just like star trek they do have to call it aday at some point, I am just glad that alantis is still running.

• 4 weeks later...
I was and ammm soo annoyed Stargate sg1 was canceled

It may yet come back.

ok season 9 wasn't the best and what i have seen from season 10 it is really good

Although everyone else seems to think otherwise - i thought season 9 was actually quite good. Season 10 is also going quite well so far IMO.

(not everyone downlaods them illegally tfmf :P)

*COUGH COUGH*

;)

it would be good to see a movie on it

I beleive 2 movies to be released on DVD are being planned. Could just be rumours though...

although i am annoyed that is was cancelled

it does hv to end somewhere u know

10 seasons is really good

but the ori storyline is brialliant you know

at first i thought that season 8 should hv been the end of stargate sg1 as it ended so well

and with o'neil gone i thought it wouldn't be as good

season 9 was ok

season 10 is really good from what i hv seen

but i think the question we hv to ask is how many seasons can it go on

u know

i think 2 more would do it

qafter all it is only a matter time if the show wasn't cancelled that another main character leaves u know

but i am sad that they cancelled it but 2 films would be good

Guest Mrthumps
ok season 9 wasn't the best and what i have seen from season 10 it is really good

Although everyone else seems to think otherwise - i thought season 9 was actually quite good. Season 10 is also going quite well so far IMO.

I didn't mind Season 9 myself either. People were expecting big things while in reality you have to give the new characters a chance to find their legs.

Season 10 seems a bit hit and miss to me so far but at least they seem to be heading in the right direction but I'll wait for the final 10 eps before issuing my final judgment.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i've just started watching sg-1 and due to previous responses haven't started watching Atlantis.

However, i'm on season 4 and i've started to notice the same kind of repeat storylines that are apparent in star trek. but i still enjoy it.

even when certain star trek seasons were at their worst it was still better than no star trek, in my opinion.

so i'd think it would be safe to assume the same of stargate.

seem logical?

so i'd think it would be safe to assume the same of stargate.

seem logical?

I'd have to agree - to a point. I think that all of the star trek episodes aired over the years have been better than no star trek at all (with the exception of one or two episodes) And since i'm reasonably new to Stargate (Much newer than Star Trek anyway) i think i can say that all of the SG-1 and Atlantis episodes have been better than none at all.