Webisodes start September 5!

raven3x7

Moore added that the upcoming season 2.5 DVD set will include a special 90-minute version of the episode "Pegasus," which ran only 60 minutes in the original broadcast. In addition, fresh material in the form of specially filmed "webisodes," Battlestar Galactica: The Resistance, will air on SCIFI.COM's SCI FI Pulse broadband network twice weekly, starting Sept. 5. The two- or three-minute shorts will serve as a lead-in to the new season and, although not essential to the plot, will enhance the viewing experience.

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=0&id=37727

Nice

Its got a wholedisc of extras so its possible, alos it could be there instead of the broadcast version but thats not really common practice.

Remember that it won't actually be 90 minutes, on account of ads, which is odd considering it will have never contained ads, it will probably be about 1 hour and 7 minutes like the finale.

It doesn't look like we're going to get the super long cut of the finale that they made which is a real shame.

Why don't these bastards ever use seamless branching? Its a perfect method to include as many different versions of any film on one disc as you want without having to use the same footage twice!

the uk dvd series 2 release, has lots of deletd scenes and bonus features nad commentaries, on the first 4 espideos, a few deleetd scenes from the next several and f.all squared on the last half of the series.

Seems to me like they took the series 2 us and simply added the actual shows from 2.5 and called it uk series 2 boxset, either that or noone bothered to check they had included everythign they were menat to

I am well pissed off tbh, the deleted scenes are excellent and show a whole backstory of adama and tighe, but then the disc just stops, and nothing from the latter half (2.5) seems to have been included. VERY POOR QA, someone dropped the ball.

I haven't seen a single episode of battlestar, but if it's on the web, I thought I'd have a look. Not working here either though.

*go to www.scifi.com/battlestar/* - - - *waiting* - - - message: "video loading" - - - *waiting* - - - message: "video will begin playing after a brief advertisement" - - - *waiting* - - - *some more waiting* - - - *10 minutes later still waiting* - - - *15 minutes still nothing, not even the promised advertisement :p , gave up waiting and left website*

(tried in both IE and Opera, both nothing)

They're ok. Sorta engaging. I'd prefer it if each ep was 10 mins long though, you know, long enough to get your teeth into it.

This short and they feel a little like those serial comics in the paper - like the Phantom or Staria or whatever, with only 4 frames shown in each days newspaper. Its just not enough.

BUT - I tell ya what, it does get me itching to watch the new season, and then some. But I guess that's the point of it all huh? It's clever I guess.

If only you could watch it in something approaching decent quality, otherwise it just feels a bit cheap and draws attention to the fact that the whole show is done on the cheap. (relatively, for what it is)

Funny, there was a certain protocol I recall reading about somewhere which allows the distribution of stuff like this in decent quality without putting a strain on available bandwidth....

They're ok. Sorta engaging. I'd prefer it if each ep was 10 mins long though, you know, long enough to get your teeth into it.

This short and they feel a little like those serial comics in the paper - like the Phantom or Staria or whatever, with only 4 frames shown in each days newspaper. Its just not enough.

BUT - I tell ya what, it does get me itching to watch the new season, and then some. But I guess that's the point of it all huh? It's clever I guess.

They'd never do it. Anything longer than a few minutes and a tv network even such as SciFi would feel the need to include a commerical or ad to help pay for costs and that just leads to the issues of doing so for something as short as 5 minutes. We'd all love a series of 10 minute shorts instead of these 2 or 3 minute one's but if you add up all the "websisodes" and they were 10 minutes a pop, you'd end up with a full episode or more of content which you know is never free (unless some heavy restrictions like DRM are applied).

Webisode 2 was a huge letdown. It had a running time of what, 2 minutes?.... I was hoping for at least 4 give or take. I don't mind the low resolution and quality but all that for 2 minutes of content....By the time you've loaded it and watched it in your browser it hardly feels like it was worth the time invested in the first place.

Think I'll pass on these until they are all done and released. It's hard to get excited about the new ones when their going to be so short content wise. Obviously they'd do better to lump them all into one big Webisode but since they decided to wait until frakking October for the new season, they know they need to sprinkle new content out to the fans between now and then...