The Return of The Master

Antilles

[move]WARNING! - POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERTS IN RUN UP TO START OF SERIES 3 - YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED[/move]

For a moment when I saw the headline I thought they were talking about Series 3 or 4, thatd be great if done properly.

No, Im afraid its just an upcoming 2007 DVD Boxset featuring The Keeper Of Traken, Logopolis & Castrovalva. I was never a big fan of Traken, all those frilly dresses and fuzzy hair but it was nice to see the return of the Master since The Deadly Assassin. And Anthony Ainley done a great job in portraying what the Master should have been. He wasnt as scary as Delgado but cunning and sinister in his own inimmitable way. Logopolis being the final Tom Baker & Castrovalva being Davisons first makes for a good boxset so I suppose they just had to throw Traken in for the Master story arc. It was my 2nd year in high school when Baker left and coupled with teen years and the loss of Tom Baker it was obvious my interest in Dr Who began to lose some of its interest, in fact my interest in the series didnt get its old energy back unitl they started selling them on VHS in 88-89 and has remained strong ever since, even during the 90-96 & 96-2005 dry period.

So, one to look out for in the new year, heres the full description of whats gonna be on the discs.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/news/cult/news/drwho/2006/09/19/36478.shtml

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Oh that's good news. Good to see more old villians returning :)

Ah, but it depends who plays him, surely?

John Simm is said to be the main choice on some sites, which puts paid to him being the 11th doctor rumours. Of course will he be growing a goatie or some other facial hair arrangement for the part?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...