Vorta

TFMF

In the DS9 Episode 'Jem Haddar' (Season 2 finale) The Vorta in it had a special ability - Telekinesis (I think) - she was able to through people onto the ground with her mind and was able to deactivate that forcefield (although that could have been a set up)

What ever happened to this ability?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On so many occasions a good telekinetic blast could have been the turning point in the war. I mean an example i can think of is in the last episode - Weyoun could have put up a bit of resistance against Kira and her gang if he'd had some way of defending himself.

But yeah Eris seemed to be an exception. On some websites i've read they have said she was specially trained for this power.

Guest Mrthumps
On so many occasions a good telekinetic blast could have been the turning point in the war. I mean an example i can think of is in the last episode - Weyoun could have put up a bit of resistance against Kira and her gang if he'd had some way of defending himself.

But yeah Eris seemed to be an exception. On some websites i've read they have said she was specially trained for this power.

That could make sense since she wasn't really seen again and there wasn't any clones of her.

Logically though - and as we know the Vorta were basically uplifted to sentience by the Founders - they could probably reproduce these results in others.

It would probably be pretty helpful and such. Especially with those Vorta that got captured... although, they didn't activate their suicide implants. Oops.

Actually the Vorta that did get captured did say he should have commited suicide but chose not to (In which case he got to spend the rest of his days comfortably in Starfleet prison)

I'm not sure how the Founders would be able to modify Vorta so that they'd have the power to throw people onto the ground with their minds :stare:

Given the fact they took the Vorta from being simple tree dwellers to a fully sentient race, I'd say that telekinetic powers wouldn't really have been that much more to do.

And yes, that Vorta didn't commit suicide... which seems rather petulant. Ah well, the Jem'Hadar went rogue several times too...

Actually the Vorta that did get captured did say he should have commited suicide but chose not to (In which case he got to spend the rest of his days comfortably in Starfleet prison)

Kyran? Isn't he the one that Sisko let Quark have so he could trade him for Moogie when the Dominion captured her?

Kyran? Isn't he the one that Sisko let Quark have so he could trade him for Moogie when the Dominion captured her?

Sorry i spelt his name wrong - Keevan (was mixing him up with Kyran on IRC for some reason lol)

It all adds up - they spent most of their money on the the battles, I'll wager. Which is why we had Odo pretty much forget shape-shifting.

It's the reason why they had episodes like "In the Cards". Save up their money for a rip roaring explosion ridden ride.

Its also the reason why the Dominion headquarters on Cardassia consisted of half a public toilet with a couple of maps on the wall.

I'm not sure you could get away with a set that shoddy these days. Look at the Xindi council chamber, that was a nice roomy set with good detail, yet there was money to spend on some rather impressive battles that season. I suppose it must be remembered that they were trying to do some pretty massive spacebattles, about 8 years ago, which might have broken the bank somewhat. I'd imagine that casual week to week filming on DS9 would have been pretty expensive too, what with all the outlandish extras on the promenade.

I've just ordered the DS9 companion on the cheap from Amazon, aparently its fat, detailed and candid and should be interesting if it goes some way towards explaining how the show worked out week to week.

You could argue that the Dominion Headquarters on cardassia weren't meant for war - it was just a building that was used by the Dominion in the war.

And the episode In the Cards was actually quite a good episode - the calm before the storm.

I do recall it being rather a good farcical episode.

Dominion headquarters? I don't really think like that. It was a shoddy set that failed to make the enemy leadership carry much weight. It is forgivable on account of the fact that the show was probably stretched to the max.

It was the first introduction of the dominion capital ship...

And it was enjoyable but it was very Trek in the fact it just ignored the fact that DS9 was a first strike outpost in an INEVITABLE war. Getting your teddy isn't going to cheer you up anymore than homosexual tension with your Irish pal.

• 4 weeks later...