Sci Fi Theme Tunes

Ulysses

Potato, have you been to whomix?

I love the McGann theme.

:thinking:Um, No I haven't. :(

WhoMIX-EPIC theme

Also check out High Noon.

Do you happen to know where I can get the incidental music to survival? - you know the speech at the end about cities made of song etc- I would love to hear that full soft version of the theme

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Escape from New york had that really cool synthesizer music that was typical of the 70's I think they used the same music in that movie the Warriors.

I love that theme and John Carpenters Halloween theme.

Also love the track Snake's uniform from the last few scenes of Escape from LA.

Babylon Five had a nice bladrunner synthesizer feel.

Babylon 5 was cool, because it had *5* different themes... one for each year. Other good themes are TNG, DS9, SG1, Atlantis, Old Galactica, Buck Rogers, Quantum Leap

Lousy (or mediocre) themes:

- Voyager

- the New Galactica

- Planet of the Apes (tv)

troy

Farscape opening theme - can't believe noone mentioned it yet. It's theatrical, symphonic, fastpaced, with enough strangeness (especially in the choir vocals) makes for a fast, easily recognizable and intriguing start of each episode :)

/BDK

fair comment about farscape's theme, was nice and different to listen to

Got to go with Dr Who ( Jon Pertwee & Tom Baker ) versions.

I also like the new BSG (UK), Most of the Star Trek stuff.

Another fav would have to be UFO from the early seventies.

Takes me back to my childhood!!! :)

• 1 year later...

My all time favourite is the theme from 'Department S'.

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~waynedavidson/jktvdept_s.htm

Cyril Stapleton did some really nice work it's a shame he's not at least mentioned on it's wiki page, it was as Sci Fi-sh as The Avengers would be (another good tune, but I prefered the theme from The New Avengers).

I've got cd fulls of cult and Sci Fi themes, It's just one of my things, lol. On the cult side of 70's british TV, The Return of The Saint is a great tune.

Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds was mentioned which is a stunnng album, his musical version of Spartacus is excellent too.

My choice would be the most requested piece of music in Paramounts HISTORY.

The Flute Song

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/3693/star_trek_composer_jay_chattaway_strikes.html

In regards to theme tunes it would have to be Enterprise Season 3.......because after Season 3 they added the guitar so now I can busk in my city in the high street singing about Star Trek.

Second choice would be the theme for Staship Troopers and the third the Jedi theme from ROTJ when Luke is about to walk the plank into the Sarlac Pit.