Recommend a single non-scifi movie

Guest c4evap

NOTE: Not to be confused with similar thread in General Scifi catagory.

OK. So here's today's c4, non scifi, recommended movie:

TIDELAND

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0410764/

NOTE: Careful, the IMDB fan reviews may contain spoilers.

Although this is NOT a scifi movie at all (hence, the title of this thread), I feel I must bring it to the forums attention. It's a Terry Gilliam film (of Monty Python fame). No. It's certainly NOT a comedy! I really can't find a catagory that it fits (except weird maybe...no, I'm certain...it's weird). But boy, watching it was a real trip. Gawd, I thought my childhood was bad! This one has got mine beat by a super wide country mile. So, if you know someone who has a copy...please check it out.

c4  :o

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Emperors New Groove

hah ha  yeah, pt2 is worth a check too!!!!!

though i do remember saying this in a similar thread, but who cares!!

night of the living dead, (original B/W version!!! sweet!!!)

OooooOO yeah...

blue streak  ::)

an'

Joan of ark.... ::)

Does it have to be a recent film?

If not - I would recommend "King of the Hill". No, nothing to do with the cartoon. Set in The Great Depression, it's a tale of a lonely boy who has to struggle to make ends meet in hard times...

No. I doesn't have to be a new/recent film. Heck, some of the best films are (gulp) my age...lol.

c4  ;D

I recommend a more recent movie:

Stranger Than Fiction (2006) (<- IMDb)

Plot Outline: An IRS auditor suddenly finds himself the subject of narration only he can hear: narration that begins to affect his entire life' date=' from his work, to his love-interest, to his death[/quote']

I was positively surprised... :)

ps. Do not read the full plot outline! (it's a total spoiler!)

I recommend a more recent movie:

Stranger Than Fiction (2006) (<- IMDb)

Plot Outline: An IRS auditor suddenly finds himself the subject of narration only he can hear: narration that begins to affect his entire life' date=' from his work, to his love-interest, to his death[/quote']

I was positively surprised... :)

ps. Do not read the full plot outline! (it's a total spoiler!)

Thank you for the tip, it was really good.

I watched American Goldfish today very funny and weird film recommend it to anyone wanting a film about the search for a dream that doesnt exist.

"It's a story about someone going on a journey who's a little bit delusional about their goals," Mr. Cartwright said. "There's some Easy Rider and perhaps Don Quixote in there too, and it's sort of Three Stoogesesque."

I watched American Goldfish today very funny and weird film recommend it to anyone wanting a film about the search for a dream that doesnt exist.

"It's a story about someone going on a journey who's a little bit delusional about their goals," Mr. Cartwright said. "There's some Easy Rider and perhaps Don Quixote in there too, and it's sort of Three Stoogesesque."

Hmmmmm. Not listed on IMDB. Is it available on DVD?

???

hey c4 yes its available on dvd couldn't find it on IMDB either but found it here it's release date was March 30th, 2005 :)

Thank you so much. They had 3 left in stock so I grabbed one. $16.00 US and a buck shipping!

You are a scholar and a gentleman sir!

;D

I'd like to recommend an "oldie but a goodie". One of my all time favorites.

The Fountainhead (1949)  - Starring: Gary Cooper, Patricia Neal. Director: King Vidor. Written by Ayn Rand.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0041386/

Plot Synopsis: Individualistic and idealistic architect Howard Roark is expelled from college because his designs fail to fit with existing architectural thinking. He seems unemployable but finally lands a job with like-minded Henry Cameron, however within a few years Cameron drinks himself to death, warning Roark that the same fate awaits unless he compromises his ideals. Roark is determined to retain his artistic integrity at all costs.

B)