NiteSciFi Werewolf

TFMF

I thought seeing as i cant vote I'll offer some useful tips on how to tell if someone is a werewolf? They have:

* Hairy or rough palms.

* Tattoos of the crescent moon.

* Slanted eye brows which meet in the middle.

* A much longer third finger on each hand.

does this sound like anyone still left in the game? lol

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW, TFMF.

If this game gets down to 2 villagers, one of whom is a werewolf, how will the game end?

At that point, it will be voting phase by my reckoning.

So does first person to vote win (ie if it's the villager the wolf leaves quietly), or when the two get to the vote does the werewolf - having a lone villager with them - ignore any vote and eat the last villager anyway?

And just out of interest...  who says evicted villagers survive.  Hungry werewolves could follow them into the darkness and munch them in the solitude of the forest.

Dang we at 10 pages allready. It's been 5 days, so that's 2 pages/day... Active thread indeed! :D

I have a hunch about the next killing, if I read my wolfie correctly that is. :D

(It is likely to be gathererhade...)

___

Yeah, errr forget that... I think my wolfie is not that good. It could just as well be someone else, I slightly overlooked something... :(

Do tell...

Hmmm.

But never fear, I'll stick around with interesting stats, etc if I am ingested next...[br]Posted on: 03-02-2007, 15:18:55

And another thought TFMF (am full of them, as I expect to be the next victim/villager voted out).

If you have a reasonable number of extra people wanting into a game in progress (say 5 min), what's to stop a group of scared travelers who just met up in the forest from seeking refuge in the village.  But little do they know one of their group is a werewolf...

Can put a real twist to the game.  Still only 1 in 5 chance of pegging the new werewolf, and if the village is down to 5 or so, shouldn't make it too easy - or hard for either sides.

Of course, the new werewolf would be made known to the 1 or 2 remaining werewolves in the game.

A few interesting patterns in the voting of those left:

• Hilander72 & MM have voted in a block both times so far (Tablet then GorunNova)
  • I have voted for the evicted person both times
  • MM has voted last both times - waiting to see the lie of the land, maybe
  • TetsuoShima & Hilander72 have voted early both times - knowing where they're votes are going without the need to listen to argument, perhaps

As for what they mean...

So.  Assuming no werewolf has drawn obvious attention to himself, and we're all flailing around pointing fingers at anyone with a funny hat...

• Chance we have voted out 2 werewolves first up 1:80
  • Probability we voted out a werewolf so far 42.5%
  • Probability the Seer is gone 39.71%

And just for fun, I note...  Megalith went down to the lake.  Hilander72 joined him.  Soon after, still near the lake, Mega was being flossed out of a werewolf's teeth.

Then Hilander72 vowed to avenge Mega's death - while pointing out the above.

Hmmm...  ;D

Then there's the interesting option of werewolves voting for those who make interesting/insightful comments.  And that means...  oh.

you have a good point about MM, if you was a wolf wouldnt you wait till last to cast you vote so you could have the deciding vote?

" post="126774" timestamp="1170449647"]

Okies - I'm now back from work (yes , WORK , so stop any b###hing about me not posting right now :p ) and OH BOY the game is definitely afoot now  :o

I *thought* I was pretty clear in that statement  :P

But for those who need walking through it with someone to hold their hand :

So far the "vote days" have been in the week - that is when I have to work.

Unlike some here (damn students!) I cannot vote (or make comments) while at work - Until last week I couldn't even access Nite's Site because the hardware firewalls where I work blocked it.

As it turns out I recently found a hole in them which does indeed let me through - enough for a quick read before I have to log off before someone sees me (work is *very* strict about these things).

So , since I knew I wouldn't be around - I have (previously) made an initial post at the start of voting stating my line of thinking at that point with the added comment that I'm "open to ideas" from others.

Then once I get back from work - I sit down , read through what has gone on since I have been away and make a final decision at that point.

Now - providing I'm still around - This time the voting will start again on a Weekend - this means I can be around to participate more.

Having said that , this time instead of me not really knowing who I suspect (and hence wanting to see what's said) I do now have someone in mind !

you have a good point about MM, if you was a wolf wouldnt you wait till last to cast you vote so you could have the deciding vote?

The late voting does NOT benefit me - Take for example this last vote - by the time I was around to vote the decision was already a foregone conclusion (not that I realised this at the time - or I would have said so..) - no matter how I voted , S0V13T , was gonna be the one leaving. (because of the rule about tie break votes and the last vote being discounted)

In fact thinking about it - nor did it benefit me in the first vote either ! By then, Tablet was the foregone conclusion !

So , as it turns out , so far this game , NONE of my votes have meant anything or changed anything !

(Hmm , I hadn't realised this until just now)

By all means , go back through the thread and read for yourself - I think you'll see that every thing I've said here is correct....

Now moving on :

Hilander72 & MM have voted in a block both times so far (Tablet then GorunNova)

Yup , it's certainly true we have ended up voting the same way twice now - but we are not the only ones - S0V13T and Neomaster voted for each other both times as well - I can't deny that on the surface that looks suspicious - I gave my reasons for how I voted both times , I stand by them for better or worse. It's up to you guys to judge what you think of that....

As for who's next , yeah , I got a pretty good idea I think (it'll be one of two ppl I reckon).

I say that not because I'm 100% certain who the wolf(s) is/are but more because of the situation that developed last voting round - It's made for a circumstance that any Wolf couldn't pass up (I believe).

Then again , maybe it'll be someone completely different - it wouldn't be the first time this game has gone off in a totally unexpected direction....

[MM]

Apart from the little comments here & there (to stir things up - worked for you, huh [MM]?), those observations were meant as just that.

I'm putting them on the table for people to consider, not because I think any one is particularly significant.

[MM], I understand completely the work thing.  That's also my problem during the week.  But because of my timezone my voting tends to happen in the middle of everyone else, when it's night time here.

Same issue different result.

I'm still not sure what to make of SOV & Neo voting for eachother.  Yes, it makes an interesting double act.  But is it them baiting eachother because they could, or were one or both of them up to something?  Personally, I need more info before I can make a judgment on Neomaster.  I'll be interested to see who Neo votes for now Sov is gone.

So. since I'm home (been working at things on the computer all day here and dropping by regularly to see what's afoot), have I made up for being quiet during the week?

gathererhade: An interesting idea about the adding more people to the game... I will maybe see if i can get some people...

Also - regarding the last round having only one villager and one wolf, if that were to happen.....erm.......*does some research*

Yeah... two people with one being a werewolf does seem like a deadlock situation.

<- has similar schedule benefits due to time zones as gathererhade... all the action happens fairly late in the evening for me, if not in the wee hours of the morning. ^^

gathererhade: An interesting idea about the adding more people to the game... I will maybe see if i can get some people...

Also - regarding the last round having only one villager and one wolf, if that were to happen.....erm.......*does some research*

well TFMF  you could do it that if there where 3 people left one of which was a werewold you ask them to vote out who they think is the werewolf is there are wrong then the werewolf would win the game

do you know what I mean

I thought like teh game is like if teh vilalges get teh werewolfs then they win

and if not there werewolfs win?

if i was left in the village with a wolf i would vote for myself that way i would free myself from being attacked by the wolf and let the wolf have an empty village lol. [br]Posted on: February 03, 2007, 05:37:51 PM

“ He who desires to become an Werewolf, let him seek in the forest a hewn-down tree; let him stab it with a small copper knife, and walk round the tree, repeating the following incantation:

On the sea, on the ocean, on the island, on Bujan,

On the empty pasture gleams the moon, on an ashstock lying

In a green wood, in a gloomy vale.

Towards the stock wandereth a shaggy wolf,

Horned cattle seeking for his sharp white fangs;

But the wolf enters not the forest,

But the wolf dives not into the shadowy vale,

Moon, moon, gold-horned moon,

Check the flight of bullets, blunt the hunters' knives,

Break the shepherds' cudgels,

Cast wild fear upon all cattle,

On men, all creeping things,

That they may not catch the grey wolf,

That they may not rend his warm skin!

My word is binding, more binding than sleep,

More binding than the promise of a hero!

Then he springs thrice over the tree and runs into the forest, transformed into a wolf.

â€ÂÂ

â€â€ÂSabine Baring-Gould, The Book of Werewolves

Maybe a way round this potential stalemate is to have 2 kills (or evictions. good argument for either) in the second round if  an odd number of players start the game

kill evict kill kill evict ... kill evict

this way there will always be an eviction with 3 players left, and if the wolf isnt killed then the wol-f/ves win[br]Posted on: February 03, 2007, 08:19:46 PM

just realised the problem in this what if 2 wolves remain and somehow one of the wolves votes for his fellow wolf out of spite or something.you would end up with potentially a spiteful wolf and a villager.

Due to being quite busy with studying i haven't had a chance to write up a story for the next death, however, another forum member was able to provide a story for tonights death - thank you :) If anyone has any other stories they'd like to submit - send me a PM

--------------------------------

Having drunk his werewolf worries away earlier in the night with a bottle of mead, Hilander72 was starting to both sober up, and realise nature was calling.  After weighing up the conflicting impulses of self preservation and urgent bodily functions, Hilander72 unbolted his back door and looked across his yard to the outdoor toilet a mere 100 feet away.

Hilander was sure it would be safe, and he'd only be a few minutes.  Listening carefully, he heard nothing, so started across his yard as fast as he dared.

Reaching the toilet door, he swung it open and came face to face with a large mouth full of sharp teeth.

Standing in the doorway, screaming silently, he realised he didn't need the toilet anymore, and a heartbeat later, Hilander72 would never need it again.

Hilander72 has been mauled by a werewolf and is out of the game. Who did it? Discuss and vote on who you think could have done such a terrible thing.

Voting ends: 24 hours from the time this post was made

Also: Can i ask all villagers that, when they are voting, they make it clear who they are actually voting for at the end of their posts. Simply saying "I vote for whoever" in bold at the end of your post would really help me identify who is voting for who (since i made a mistake in counting the votes last time) - Thanks :)