NiteSciFi Werewolf

TFMF

And the subsequence death of Megalith... Co-incidence?

Given you knew I was the werewolf, I bet even me commenting on the weather would have been a 'hint'. ;p  That was clearly a reference to 'Crystal Lake', home of the infamous slasher film baddie Jason, and the tendency for people visiting that lake to die. ^^'

... well, clear to me, at least. ^^'

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes well poor gath, he's gona surprised to see the results,

No.  Not really.  I just thought [MM] the least likely.  Oh well.

But the votes for GorunNova had no effect on my considerations.  I was confident the other wolf (if still in) had voted for him.

It was really gathererhade who lost it for the villagers. Since he voted for Bones and wouldn't be online to change his vote, and MM was a wolf, it meant that only Neomaster and Bones held the deciding vote.

Yeah.  Thanks.  Blame me!  :P

But to be honest, I realised going the extra vote for Bones had been an error as I ruminated on the train to work.

Tetsuoshima had, of course, contacted my after he knew I was not a werewolf.  That was why in the Gorun vote I held off as long as I could.  We decided we couldn't risk the chance that GorunNova escaped after a last minute change of vote.  Once it was as certain could be that wasn't the case I voted for my #1 suspect, Neo.

Interestingly before he was eaten, TS had indicated that his suspicions were more to Bones & [MM] than Neo.  But didn't give me a solid reason.

Taking that into account, I realised then what I should have done was vote for Neo.  By doing that, Bones would have 2 votes - one of which could not be by the werewolf.  And [MM] and Neo one each.  That would have given the villager who voted for Bones the chance to think things through or be persuaded to change his vote if I was wrong, as I couldn't.

Sigh.

You live and learn.

As for the PM conundrum, maybe the answer is for everyone to PM everyone else regularly - even if it's for no reason - or blank.  Stops sneaks with admin capabilities from being able to draw conclusions unless they can access the messages themselves.

And I think the game will be better with more people in it.  More time to truly hunt down the wolves & the Seer and to pick up more clues in the posts and votes.

BTW, Twas I wrote the deaths for Hilander & TetsoShima.  But while Hi's had blanks because I had no idea who would go, I had my name in TS's as I was sure I was a goner.

Great game guys.

Congrats [MM].

Just as a clarification, all members can see what other members are doing on the forum, this is not restricted to mods, just visit the who's online link at the bottom of the forum index.

As for the archive, that is where all deleted topics/posts are send to after deletion, all moderators can see it, only admins can modify it.

I do hope that the next game has much more people in it, 11 is a bit to few imo. Also we have to make sure the game ends with a 3 person vote. But for the storyline the game should begin with a killing. So that means the number of participants has to be an even number.

More people does indeed mean more time to find the wolves, so the game becomes harder for the wolves and easier for the villagers. Given how well this game went I think we should try to get at least 16 people participating. If we manage to get 22 players, we could even have 2 seers and a special wolf ability:

* the failed wolf attack.

-> every 3rd time a villager is attacked by a wolf, the attack fails, the villager survives, virtually unharmed even. But, because he has been bitten, he now turns into a werewolf himself. He is smart enough to know this of course and keeps quiet about his nightly encounter, so that the villagers don't know who was attacked. It could even be a seer who has now been turned into a wolf. This could make for a very, very interesting game. Trust will be even harder to gain. It could be written into the storyline as a night with no attack, making the villagers (in the story) believe they have finally gotten rid of the threat.

There are a number of variants to the game, appearently it's quite a popular game in youth movements.

Just as a clarification, all members can see what other members are doing on the forum, this is not restricted to mods, just visit the who's online link at the bottom of the forum index.

Oh yes.  I kept an eye on that, but, of course, there were plenty of times I saw one or more "Guests" were looking.  And occasionally, I was one of them.  ;)

But looking at PMs.  How would you know if not an admin?

the content of PM's can not be seen by anybody, not even admins.

who sends pm's to whom can also not be seen by anybody (but with the help of the who's online list you may be able to figure something out anyway), because of that, I may have to temporarily disable the who's online list for the next game. :D

Yes, i had to fool the who's online list several times, just so MM wouldn't see i was sending a message. :D

Yeah, gathererhade: It's all your fault! :P j/k

TetsuoShima: Yes that was another mistake i made. I started the game too early, not giving people enough time to join. Whoever coordinates the next game (I think Megalith's doing it) must make sure they give people several days if not weeks to join. :)

towards the later stages I did suspect gathererhade when he voted me, so of course i voted him..but I left it until after the follow wolf attack as if he was the wolf I would of been the prime target!!, he didnt so I was quite sure he wasnt and left him alone, as he voted for bones,  I had to follow suit due to the fact he was the only one I trusted...hope you get that logic!!

Anyway real laugh, and thanks TFMF for starting it and all that joined in....nice one lads!!

The next game i will be hosting and it looks set to start sunday nite/monday morning Midnight GMT, a new thread will be created and the deadline for entry will be sunday at 23.00 GMT with the first murder happening an hour later.

Niteshire is looking for new villagers and homes are going very cheap to entice new blood lol. TFMF and myself have decided to give longer for people to enroll so as to get a maximum number of players.

Of course until the new thread is started (later tonight) anyone who states an interest here will be added to the new list.