Last season of Enterprise?

nicoli120

The last episode was not intended to be an ending so I am told.....the previous episode was the end.

The last episode in the season offered an insite into what happened to the crew since we will probably never see them again. Better to have that episode, than not I would say.

I was also told that the next season would of been the Romulan war........shame the fans didnt tune in because now we'll never get to see it :-(

P.S. Sorry for all the wiki rumour in this post :-)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, let me ask you this. It was ok for Q to in his own means and ways, help the human race through all his power and manipulation but the Prophets couldn't? I'll grant you the fact that Sisko's "mother" being a Prophet was a little stretched but it the first time they really helped, it was a must-do situation. Either they stepped in and stopped the Dominion Fleet in the Wormhole or the entire Quadrant would have been overran long before the end of the war at the finale of Season 7.

You are right in that they (the Dominion) were more about numbers, strategy and fighting than superior technology. But that was the breaking point for the Prophets to step in. IIRC, when the Dominion Fleet in the Wormhole was destroyed, the only Federation ships near DS9 or the wormhole at the time was just the Defiant. If you can't really get behind a super technology race like the Borg, how could you justify a race that basically "zergs" their way to victory? The Defiant stood no chance against that entire fleet, even if they could somehow collapse the wormhole (assuming Sisko would think of that, at that point).

The ground work for the Dominion War arc is there from Episode 1; Odo is a Shapeshifter, he knows nothing of where he came from or why (which we later learn why). The Cardassians, a proud race, withdraw from Bajor, humiliated in defeat by a band of small time rebels. This later leads them into favoring the stronger ally in their eyes; The Dominion. Or at least, it does in Dukat's eyes cause while even others such as Damar might allow peace with the Federation and Bajor, Dukat could never let that happen even if it meant selling every Cardassian life to The Dominion.

So from the pilot of the series, the basic foundation of the story is set. Every episode isn't a storyline to further the plot of this 7 year arc, I'll grant you but you can't begrudge the show for having standalone episodes? Hell Babylon 5 had standalone episodes and it's entire premise was a 5 year story, even if the first season was very very slow paced.

I still believe DS9 to be the superior of the series. Simply cause exploration is just, not old but done before. While that is the ultimate goal of humanity in the 24th century, what's left to explore past the Gamma Quadrant and parts of the Beta Quadrant? Voyager covered a good part of the Delta Quadrant. We've covered a handful of the Gamma Quadrant. IIRC, Half the Federation is actually located in the Beta quadrant so there's not a lot left to explore unless there's just a ton of planets that are chartered but never explored individually. You can tell by Voyager's era, there were only so many random encounters with space anomalies or new species that could be done before the formula was old and tired.

Q wasn't stepping in to episodes to bail people out just for the hell of it. It wasn't as if the Enterprise was in a jam and then randomly Q would turn up and go "Hey Picard, just thought I'd save you from destruction!"

I don't see anything wrong with a force winning by numerical superiority - it's a tried and tested formula, you know. It's the never ending need for the good guys to always win 99% of battles that is the problem and to do it in 40 minutes or less. If there wasn't this overwhelming desire to put the heroes up against unbeatable odds, week after week and have them home in time for tea having saved the day, stupid situations like this wouldn't happen.

Emissary certainly laid the ground work but I really don't think that anything beyond the merest glint in the milkman's eye was really there in terms of the Dominion War.

I'm not really sure I'll ever understand the whole "We've pretty much explored the Milky Way!" attitude of some people. Yes, all 4 quadrants have now been visited but there are over a hundred billion stars in our galaxy. Sure, you can't say "We're going to a NEW QUADRANT!" (which clearly holds some special significance for people) but it seems laughable to say that the book can be closed on exploration in our galaxy.

But yes, DS9 was probably the best of the Treks because it was simply the most grown up. It wasn't always the new aliens of the week or another spacial anomaly - not that that didn't happen but yeah, there is a lot to be said of DS9 and much of it is good.

I believe Manny Cotto referred to the last episode as a "coda"... and the Romulan/Earth war... well, they'd already pissed over so much of the established facts about it... it would have probably been different from how we envision anyway. Although the chances of it actually happening seem small.