Last season of Enterprise?

nicoli120

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In this month's Playboy Jolene Blalock was interviewed and she said that this would probably be the last season. Anyone know anything on this?

Jolene is upset, and to be honest, I don't blame her. Bermann & Braga wasted almost 2 years on that Temporal Cold War BS, when the time could've been better spent on the character backgrounds, ships, info on how Starfleet was formed, etc.

......They should've waited to do the time travel stuff later in the 5th or 6th season.

:stare:

Did she talk about leaving the show or the show just not getting picked up for a 5th season?

I know she's annoyed with what they've done with her character, specifically during the Xindi arc. She felt that making her a drug addict and have sex with Trip was out of character. Trip agrees with her that he doesn't like the way the relationship has been handled; indeed he doesn't think the two should be having a relationship at all.

Archer's agent was framed recently for rumours about Bakula departing, he shut those rumours down quickly.

Phlox is unhappy with how one-dimensional the 4 lesser characters are. He's wondering if this is going to be like the days of TOS where Scotty, Sulu, Checkov, and Uhura were just there to support Kirk, Spock, and McCoy. Personally I think Mayweather's the only one who's one dimensional and needs more character development. He's Enterprise's answer to Geordi - underused and with great potential. I just hope the guys at the helm of Enterprise haven't been given similar directives as the Voyager writer crew were - they were told EVERY episode had to focus on 7 and the Captain in the last couple seasons.

doubtful' date=' season three boosted its popularity through the roof, and the ww2 and vulcan arc held the interest.[/quote']

True, but how much more would they have with better, more developed characters?

In the other Star Trek Shows, by Season 3 you know the characters well, and care about them.

.....Not so with Enterprise, since the focus was diverted to the Xindi & Temporal Cold War.

:(

Awwwwww.... what a shame

I know.......

:p

But to be honest, I've fallen for Jolene.........So, I don't think of her like that. I watched a few interviews she had about Star Trek, and now I'd follow her anywhere she goes.

Silly, I guess, but it's the truth.........She's wonderful.

if they develop the characters better they could potentially go on and on, just look at Law and Order, it survived ppl leaving and the show went on. Law and order has run for over 13 years sofar (as i'm aware), and Enterprise should see le light of day and make it to atleast season 7, maybe longer........

Atleast the NX-02 is gonna be in a few upcoming episodes........

I think bringing some of her emotions out was good character development but making her a druggie to accomplish that was somewhat unbelievable. They should've found another way to do it.

And I don't think it would make her less unique, if anything it would make her MORE unique. A Vulcan without emotions is pretty common. A Vulcan WITH emotions who has to work twice as hard to hide them and falters every now and then is very interesting.

Plus, let's face it, she was no Leonard Nimoy folks.

uppps fogot to say something else actually.

Looks at the other series at this stage i.e mid way through season 4

TOS - Didnt make it to a 4th

TNG - Characters already established and from season 3 onwards the series got better and better

DS9 - After not so good season 1 & 2 and a average season 3, season 4 see's a huge pick up, with the addition of worf. And the Klingon story Arc.

Voyager - again after a couple of seasons of average eps, the pace picked up after scorpion part 1 & 2.

Enterprise - only one good season out of 4, season 3.

To me it looks like there could be some good episodes coming up in the second half of Season 4. So lets sit back in our comfortable couches and watch. Lets see how Season 4 plays out and then see if this season is as bad as you think it is.

DS9 - After not so good season 1 & 2 and a average season 3, season 4 see's a huge pick up, with the addition of worf. And the Klingon story Arc

Are you talking ratings or show quality? Personally I think DS9 raised the bar on all of trek beginning with the 3-part opener of Season 2. It opened the door for more than just 2-part episodes and was quite gripping. I think the show gained even wider appeal starting with "The Jem'Hadar" - nothing says we're better than TNG than blowing up a galaxy-class ship!