DR WHO -----CANCELLED (rumour only) Pinch of salt required.

QUEENSPOCK

OT, but today I watched the episode of Friday Night with Jonathan Ross that had John Barrowman as a guest and it had a preview of (what I'm guessing is ) the pre credits sequence for episode 11 "Utopia". To avoid spoilers, I'll simply say that it was "Amazing"! :D

QS screwed up but everybody please, stop biting her rear over it.

When did QS screw up?

As you said, she was trying to pass useful information on to us, and quoted her source.  That the source was questionable is neither here nor there as far as QS's actions.

What she posted was fact - that Sky had reported Who was axed

That's 100% correct as far as I'm aware.

Thanks gathererhade

last time i post news then :p

i mean it wasn't the sun it was sky news which is quite reliable as i see it ok

who has never made a mistake here hmmmmmm

and i did say sky news reported it i just didn't blurt out oh by teh way guys they kinda cancled dr who :p

where has it said that?

I found this:

BBC has denied reports made Thursday by Britain's The Sun claiming that the network will pull "Doctor Who" off the schedule following its fourth season in 2008. The reports were spurred by an anonymous tip the tabloid claimed it received that executive producer Russell T. Davies would bail from the show with the rest of his creative staff next year.

Read more: SyFyPortal

Original source: icWales

where has it said that?

I found this:

BBC has denied reports made Thursday by Britain's The Sun claiming that the network will pull "Doctor Who" off the schedule following its fourth season in 2008. The reports were spurred by an anonymous tip the tabloid claimed it received that executive producer Russell T. Davies would bail from the show with the rest of his creative staff next year.

Read more: SyFyPortal

Original source: icWales

Just for some iceing on the cake... Yahoo News. Thanks to Fenriswolf for that. :)

There's nothing going on. The Sun took a rumor that RTD is leaving the series to do other things and blew it WAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY out of proportion. End of story. How they arrived at the conclusion that he'd be taking the show with him when he retires is beyond me. Doctor Who is one of the few programs in the world where EVERYBODY (be they the star, director, producer, or whatever) can be replaced.

Yeah hes only Russell T. Davies, not Ian Levine LMAO :)

And yes Maybrick, the Utopia clip was just jaw dropping, dont want to give any spoilers here but it is available to view on Youtube for anyone who wants to see the edited link between the End Of Torchwood and the point he arrives in Episode 11 of Dr Who. WHY the Doctor reacted with 'the switch' the way he did defies belief, cant wait to see the explanation.

This was on a couple of news sites yesterday

LONDON, June 1 (UPI) -- The BBC dismissed rumors that the popular British show Doctor Who would be axed as "idle speculation."

Filming is scheduled to being for the fourth season of the BBC Wales-produced program next week and BBC executives said they have a long-term commitment to the award-winning program, the Western Mail reported Friday.

Speculation was high that writer Russell T. Davies, who revived Doctor Who in 2005, was scrapping the show to concentrate on other projects. Davies and other senior staff working on the series were said to be thinking about handing in their resignations, news reports indicated.

"We are a long way away from even thinking about series five when the current series hasn't ended and we have yet to start filming series four. But the BBC has a long-term commitment to Doctor Who," the program's creators said in a statement.

• 1 month later...

Just spotted this Doctor Who news on Sci Fi Wire. It's probably old news for Who fans, but Who knows? :D

Who Writer Addresses Rumors

Steven Moffat, who has written some of the most memorable episodes of the BBC's new Doctor Who, told SCI FI Wire that fans have no cause to worry that the rumored departure of executive producer Russell T. Davies at the end of the fourth season will mean the end of the franchise, but he did not deny the rumor.

"I know that there's tremendous anxiety among Doctor Who fans about the future of Doctor Who," Moffat said in an interview at the Television Critics Association press tour in Beverly Hills, Calif., where he was promoting his upcoming BBC America series, Jekyll. "Here's an answer that people should listen to. No broadcaster lets go of a show like Doctor Who. They'd have to be out of their f--king minds."

The new iteration of Doctor Who premiered in 2005 and just completed its third season in the United Kingdom. Each season has seen a major casting change, and the fourth one will be no exception. Catherine Tate has been announced as the Doctor's new companion, reprising the role of Donna Noble from last year's Christmas special, The Runaway Bride.

Moffat pointed out that Doctor Who has managed to remain popular despite these changes and that the show is bigger than any one person.

"If Doctor Who demonstrates anything—any simple truth about television—it's that everyone is dispensable," he said. "Doctor Who is probably there forever. It will probably outlive everyone on [fan Web site] Outpost Gallifrey. That's probably the truth. I'm not saying that it will run continuously for 20 years. They might give it a rest for a while, but I wouldn't imagine Doctor Who would rest for very long now. But Doctor Who is completely safe. It's not in great danger. It's been the center of British culture since Kennedy was shot. I mean, it's not going away. Look, they turned it to s--t and took it off for 15 years, and that didn't kill it. I mean, what's going to kill it now? Success?"

When asked if he might be the one to take over should Davies leave the show, Moffat appeared slightly uncomfortable. "Next question," he answered after a long pause. "There's a lot of things to think about there." The third season of Doctor Who is currently running on SCI FI Channel Friday nights at 8 p.m. ET/PT. —Cindy White