Got any Gaming Injuries?

Antilles

I just read this article on CNN about a guy (a Doctor of all things) who had been playing Wii tennis and woke up the next day with a sore shoulder. He said it was down to playing the Wii too much...what a load of craap, its probably got more to do with him being a couch potato (his words) and now hes got off his butt and doing something active for a change.

So, anyone ever had any gaming related injuries or problems? Ive gamed for many years, mostly PCs and never suffered anything adverse, barring the odd sleepless nights during my Phantasy Star Online and Star Wars Galaxies days!

Oh and Ive got a small callus on my right wrist where the corner of my wrist rubs against my desk when using a mouse but I bet we all have one of those :)

I'm betting the Doc is selling a book about makin'-money-on-itis.

I've never got any injuries directly, but indirectly I've got a few bruises (games turning into fights ::)).

No callus on my wrist though, but a couple of huge ones on my a##. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

well... I can say that i'm never going to sit next to a left-handed computer user.

I was a a LAN party and this person sits next to me that used his mouse with his left hand (on the left side of his keyboard 'n' all). In a game (I think it was Battlefield 1942 or something) I needed to turn right and he aparrently had to turn left very rapidly... then it said "CRASH" and I had to go to hospital because my ring finger was broken (strangely not my little finger)

I remember my parents were all o.O when they saw I came home with a broken finger.

why and how the finger broke is still a mystery though...

I got the very same callus that Antilles has... sometimes it disappears, even if i'm using the mouse often

well... I can say that i'm never going to sit next to a left-handed computer user.

I was a a LAN party and this person sits next to me that used his mouse with his left hand (on the left side of his keyboard 'n' all). In a game (I think it was Battlefield 1942 or something) I needed to turn right and he aparrently had to turn left very rapidly... then it said "CRASH" and I had to go to hospital because my ring finger was broken (strangely not my little finger)

I remember my parents were all o.O when they saw I came home with a broken finger.

why and how the finger broke is still a mystery though...

I got the very same callus that Antilles has... sometimes it disappears, even if i'm using the mouse often

HEY  :o im left handed, but strangely i cant use a mouse in my left hand, damn you right handers and your right handed society

I have the callus lol i only got it since i lost my desk when i moved house and the arrangement now means the base of my hand rests on the desk (i have it kinda above my keyboard now thru lack of space) ive had cramp from playing quake back in the day but in general no no gaming injuries.

I did have a monitor fall on me once lol i managed to move my hands out the way tho and i caught it before it hit the floor. lightning fast reflexes from playing games i guess lol.