Dr Who S3-E13 'Last Of The Time Lords' (FINALE)

Antilles

with the whole "center of the storm" thing, why was the President (of America) still dead?

Because he was screwed regardless of what happened to the machine.  He was dead before it was turned on, and still dead after it was running... so he wouldn't come back.  On the other hand, the Doctor was reverted back to his youthful self, and stayed that way for the same reason that everyone retained their memories... the 'eye of the storm' thing.  Brain patterns or genetic patterns, they stuck around there.

If the Doctor was on the surface of the planet when the Paradox machine was blown to bits, he'd either disappear (due to his not being in the eye of the storm AND because everything in the chamber he was in at the time didn't revert), or be the old version of himself.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

further on what GorunNova said, the paradox was the future humans and the now humans existing within the same timeframe this didn't happen until after the pres was dead, however.... several of the future humans did exist as the Master had used them to kill that reporter in the sound of drums and they were also present when the pres was killed. not sure how that worked? but certainly the ripping open of time and space event was after the said death

My guess?  The reality of Doctor Who only sweats the big stuff.  One or two future humans?  No problem... their influence probably won't have a lot of effect on humanity that far in the future.  Six billion causing wholesale slaughter and the effective erasure / changing of the future humans' own existance?  Yeah, you'll need some serious staples to hold that c##p together (i.e. the paradox machine).

bah. The Master was over the top, almost silly not scary. Gollum/Dobby Doctor was ridiculous. The Master dying in the doctor's arms... while I can appreciate that the Doctor's attitude towards the master may have skewed slightly since all the Time Lords were obliterated, all the lonliness in the world can't make up for the fact that this guy has tried to kill him umpty bazillion times, and the doctor has never been so fricking forgiving. If the Doctor could be the face of vengeance and wrath to the alien in School Days for merely enslaving one school, I can't see him being touchy-feely about the Master who enslaved the whole planet.

But yay Martha and the kicking ass. Also Captain Jack.