EDIT: Indiana Jones & the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

hayden

I think the uniforms and weapons are accurate for the era. Although the war hadn't started yet, Germany began remilitarizing the moment Hitler came to power in defiance of treaties signed at the end of WWI.

I don't think the original trilogy can be touched. If this movie is a failure (and I don't think will be) it will hurt Spielberg, Lucas and Ford's reputations not the old movies. Those were (and are) classics.

Indy 4's Lucas Explains Connery

George Lucas explained to TV Guide why Sean Connery won't be in the upcoming fourth Indiana Jones movie and that it's probably for the best.

"No, in the end, it turned out better," Lucas told the magazine. "In the beginning, he was just in a little bit of it, and I think with the strength of Sean Connery, people would've wanted him to go all the way through the whole thing, and the story really didn't work that way. And so I think there would've been some disappointment that [his character] dropped out partway through the movie. By having somebody else fill that role, you lose him without any regret, so to speak, even though we got a great actor to play the part. And I mean, he's not his father, so it's much easier."

The part for Indy's dad was changed to another character, Lucas added. "It's just a completely different character, so you're not invested in him in any way," Lucas said. "The fact that that character, after the first part of the movie, isn't needed doesn't become a problem. Whereas I think with the scene we had, where [indy] says goodbye to his dad, everybody was, 'Wait a minute! Isn't he coming back?' So in the end, I think it turned out for the best. Sean just retired, and he wants to stay retired, and I understand that. [laughs] I think he just said, 'Look, I've done it, I've done it.' He was very tempted, you know, and we talked for a long time. But in the end, he just said, 'Eh, I'm playing golf.'" Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is currently in production and is slated to debut May 22, 2008.

Sci Fi Wire

Makes sense to me, but I bet the storyline would be somewhat different if Connery were in the movie.

It isnt accurate........for example. In Raiders we see the MP40 it didnt go into production until 1940. We also see Indy grab hold of a Panzerfaust......that hadnt been invented either. The Gestapo wasnt formed until 1940. I could go on and on but I dont want to bore people here with prop and uniform inaccuracies.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I saw it last night.. It was pretty good. Not what i was expecting but still good.. Anyone else seen it yet??

I didn't mind the fact that it turned into a complete SCIFI show, but i dont think it will apeal to the wider audience because of it.

Has really good action seens.. Great if not spectacular CGI.

Is there a lot of CGI in the film?

The appeal of the first 3 films was that it was him doing the stuff, not some cartoon animation.

As much as i would like to see a 66 year old hurtling off cliffs and fighting crocodiles, i fear that he would pop out his hip and get eaten. :P

I didn't enjoy it yes it was funny, but aliens no sorry its too far for indiana jones and the russian accents

Thats pretty much it, too far for indi.

I think some of you just spoiled the movie a bit for those of us who haven't seen it.

As for the above, Raiders of the Lost Ark had some non-humans too.

Hmm... I wonder if I should see it now. That being said many of us use the internet to intentionally get info on these movies. I think I'll still see it though.

I think some of you just spoiled the movie a bit for those of us who haven't seen it.

As for the above, Raiders of the Lost Ark had some non-humans too.

Hmm... I wonder if I should see it now. That being said many of us use the internet to intentionally get info on these movies. I think I'll still see it though.

Don't get me wrong, its awesome.. I just like picking on things. B)

I have to say it was a great movie,

I think it lived up to the Indiana Jones movies of the past that we all know and love despite what others may say.

Ford was great as Indy. He hasn't lost his touch at all.

It was a great movie from start to the end.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't see how you could love the old ones and not like  this one unless you just are tired of the whole Indy idea.  It's pretty predictable at parts if your familiar with the old ones and some of the comedy lines were a bit tired but still, I liked it.

I think this has performed better than i had first anticipated. The critics loved it and so did the old fans and new comers. I really thought the whole

Aliens/flying saucer

thing would kill its credibility. Seems i was wrong, go Indi.