What's your Internet Speed?

TFMF

• 2 months later...

I have no idea. I have dsl. So far as I know, I don't think I've ever downloaded anything faster than 180kb/s (and that speed's an extreme rarity).

Update: I don't know what's happened in recent weeks, but my download rate has significantly increased. I'm now seeing numbers reaching close to 300kb/s! :)

• 1 month later...

I'm pretty happy with the results of mine.. and AUS is rated pretty low in broadband tech compared to the rest of the world. cant complain really.

but when downloading i get about 1.4-1.8mbs.. dont understand why they say its 10mb when its really not but.

210613945.png

Gah! You brought up this topic! Now Tablet will able to boast about his evil connection speeds!

96 KB up is actually very good, dBLOOD. My connection speed varies so much these days. Today I got 80 KB down for 24 hours solid, While some days I'm lucky if I can get 5 KB +.

[me=TFMF]updates his hate list with Tablet, Hayden and MacPicard. Curse you and your fast connections! [/me]

:p

• 1 month later...

According to the paper now I have a 540kbps, so I beat TMF's connection :p (but often the reality differs while I have my 60kB-70kB downstream speed am not calling them, upload is about a third of that.

But they  the telco would have increased these year to 1024kbps  but is an evil well known worlwide telco hehe :), but is fine here compared to the competitors and who knows about worst security or WAN firewall they could offer (I think that is the strong point to the big telcos). So I decide for now not to persue the 1024 barrier limit.

Other ironic  but funny thing of this telco here is how if you live in a big house, they treat you when you call 'em, when they installing the service, instead of that your almost a thief in your own house if you are asking for a cheaper plan, as I not ed with other friends when they arrive to sign the papers. :P but with me they are always happy to serve. :D (but they know I have caused them some little ass pain in the past, once I use free ip and have a lot of time 512kbs for almost a year or 2 until they caugh me, when I was supouse to have only 64kbps connection) they 'love' me after that  B))

Up to 8 MB ................you probably wont understand the joke unless you live in the UK. For those who dont live in the UK this is a marketing scam employed by ISP's in the UK, who can in theory say they are providing you with a service "Up to 8MB" when the reality is they are providing you with 1 MB. The good news is that the law is being changed and ISP's are now have to document the speed at which the connection they are selling is running at.

• 2 weeks later...