cloning???

werecow

OK ppl...input time!!!!! is cloning ok????? is it ok for spare parts???? would they have the same rights as us???? religious opinions?? c'mon i need to know before i start my own clone farm if it is right or not!!!!! and btw i dont think any comments will offend anybody cause i havent started growing any clones yet....

I'll take 2 Jolene Blalocks & a Jerri Ryan, please!

:p

Seriously, I think cloning is wrong. The clone is a human, so it has rights.......Life, Liberty, and the Persuit of Happiness.

Human clones will open up alot of legal & moral headaces, IMHO.

:stare:

I know where i live they take cells from the umbilical cords of new babys with the parents permission (of course) so just in case in later life they can grow organs and such that will match the person perfectly.

I know where i live they take cells from the umbilical cords of new babys with the parents permission (of course) so just in case in later life they can grow organs and such that will match the person perfectly.

I don't have a problem with stem cell research, as used to grow organs, and that type of thing. The thought of cloning a person bothers me though.

is a clone actually a human???? does it have a soul??? should we be playing in God's backyard so to speak??? is it the same person that it was cloned from???many many questions....hmmm im still gonna put the project on hold for a while...

I am all for cloning. Why let morals get in the way of good science. As long as we dont start cloning for body factories that is... I figure the difference between a clone and any other human will be minimal. The genetic make up of a man is only a small part of what makes us human. The rest is gained through experience and education.

So what if the clone outwardly resembles somebody else? There is still going to be a large age difference between the new clone and the person they were cloned off. Unless that is we start doing more genetic tampering to make the clone better then the original. But in that case? is the clone then unique?

Now why wouldnt a clone have a soul? But unless you have some magical way to detect a soul I guess you wont know will ya?

Cloning full humans is wrong. This is even stated clearly in Trek. Even genetic engineering is stated as wrong. ( i.e. Eugenics Wars) But with that said, I think that engineering disease from our genome and growing parts in a lab is ok... regardless of the method. As long as it is just parts and not an entire being to be hacked into pieces. If you ask me that is better than slaughtering a pig for it's plasma or whatnot. (former method, not latter... lol). Genetic enhancement is out of the question, unless it is INTERNATIONAL law that all people be enhanced in the same manner. We are many social and political changes away from this sort of progressive solution though.

Yes i know about the theory of evolution.

Correct me if I am wrong... but the theory of evolution no longer applies to humans. Survival of the fittest? not any more.

Thanks to modern medicene and human rights group, we all get a chance to live and pass on our genes.

With evolution in humans having been killed by science, how then is the human species supposed to evolve?

also the Darwian principle of the sirvival of the fittest never actually applied on full scale..... e.g. amoeba living in your sink survive because the literally stick together, they form a kindof society.so not the fittest but the one contributing society survives (because the society contributes to him). the theory of evoltion must be changed, but that does not stop the evolution itself...

well shouldnt we just try it at lest once? if HUMAN life is that special/holy (christian aspect), a clone should not have conscience,no self awareness since it is given by god or in a other mysterious process.......i know it sounds cruel but i'd really like to see if it really would be a human.... personally, i find it hypocratic to clone a animal and never a human,dictated so by morals thousands of years old, "Thou Shall Not Put Humans on the same Level as Animals"

im no eco-hippie-freak seeing homo sapiens as the lowest of all animals , in spite of all, i think we as humans have the resonsibility(which came with our superior sentience) to not evaluate but cheerish/adore life in any form,not putting up a table of race evaluation (anyone remembering the Nürnberger Rassengesetze (race laws)?i dont even wanna know how these would be rephrased today to suit power today)

remember that politics,economics and religion are very much interwoven, one interest reaction to another so don't let anyone tell you there will be grim repurcusions for all of mankind if one tries to defie the laws of god or profit

"Politics is the sum of all actions to remain in control"

Niccola Machiavelli

its not getting good... its getting complicated. u cant make a soul. u just simply cant. the truth is... nobody really understand what a soul is. but if we dont have one... how do we explain the thoughts, the feelings, the memories, the ehat ever that u think is in you but u cant prove it. having brought up in a family that believes in this, its hard to deny it. u just really think its true. i really do belief in soul. just bcoz we never seen it doesnt mean that its not there. so if clones were to be brought to life wouldnt it be given a soul? bcoz with out it ur dead. no conciousness. like an idle car. the driver aint there. the only way to know is to make one. see if it has the same properties as normal human. if it is a success then y not go ahead.

its not getting good... its getting complicated. u cant make a soul. u just simply cant. the truth is... nobody really understand what a soul is. but if we dont have one... how do we explain the thoughts' date=' the feelings, the memories, the ehat ever that u think is in you but u cant prove it. having brought up in a family that believes in this, its hard to deny it. u just really think its true. i really do belief in soul. just bcoz we never seen it doesnt mean that its not there. so if clones were to be brought to life wouldnt it be given a soul? bcoz with out it ur dead. no conciousness. like an idle car. the driver aint there. the only way to know is to make one. see if it has the same properties as normal human. if it is a success then y not go ahead. [/quote']

terribly sorry you must have misunderstood what i was saying earlier...what i meant was the discussion was getting good...cloning opens up a whole kettle of fish, i was just interested in what the ppl on this forum thought about it...sci-fi fans are usually well read ...with scientific minds and open to new ideas and concepts....keep on keeping on!!!!