Terminator: The Chronicles Of Sarah Connor

Tenebrae

The TX was... well, a TX. I'd say it was more advanced than the T-1000.

Obviously, it traded in the totally liquid body for something between the T-101 and T-1000 but got weapons and the nanobots etc. to compensate - and obviously, could still impersonate and infiltrate. The T-101 is basically just Arnie... nothing special.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How exactly was John able to beat the machines? Perhaps that will be saved for the T4 film.

Well according to books, and online resources:

#1 He was a nautral born (charismatic) leader. He gave hope to the ppl, and could encourage them to do even suicide missions without doubts.

#2 He was an excellent strategist.

There are some novels here by us about the war. One can get the right picture about him, skynet, and the war.

For example (hungarian site, list of books)

And here is another site, I do not know if it is, but it does sound authentic.

John Connor knows pretty much everything there is to know about how SkyNet works before anyone else is even targeted. As he ages, he has to gain some confidence from that and the training his mom gave him to prepare for a super-major war. If any of the terminators that were sent back to help him survive then he has access to SkyNet targets before SkyNet goes after them. Not sure how the writers would use terminators tracking him surviving and updating SkyNet. Would that cause temporal anomlies or would they matter since John Connor exists because of time travel.

Oh Well. Episode Four: Heavy Metal

Nice. The series is going well. Terminators are stocking up before Judgement Day with supplies for SKyNet use. Special alloys for the terminator frames. Advance model terminators already prepared for use when the war starts. Funny, they worry about needing plastic surgery to hide when they can wander around without heads? Let's hope Sarah and the gang can blow up the storage bunker soon.

My problem is... I fear the show is always going to be this.

The tense, sitting around a table - planning strategy, shouting at people. Terse lines of dialogue between John and his mother. Maybe a little bit of action... but not a huge amount. I'm finding it hard to be enthused about it... Why is John going to high school? Are we supposed to believe that this will prepare him for war with Skynet? I'm not seeing that, it makes the whole thing feel like it's trying to be Buffy... Except not really as interesting.

I think if this keeps up, I'll grow tired of the show fairly soon. I'm afraid the Summernator's "not very good at being human" thing is pretty dull and almost by definition she's bereft of personality... as is John's mother... and John is fairly dull too.

No wonder the ratings are dropping like a stone.

Tenebrae I agree with you about most things, but not this time. Allow me to explain.......

John goes to school supposidly to make him appear to be a normal child of his age and not to arouse the supsision of the authorities. That is all we are told in episode 5. The fact of the matter is Sarah isnt going to stop Skynet being built just by hiding in the desert, the people who are responsible live in cities and towns so she has to do the same. When she finds a new home it would indeed look supsect to the people who lived around her if her children did not go to school. If she was reported to the Police by a concerned neighbour its game over and the element of surprise is lost.

There is no comparison between this show and Buffy. The plot for every episode, in fact several seasons worth of Buffy was not unlike Power Ranger Episodes. Big monster does damage, Buff kills monster, the End. Terminator is moving story tellings us more about the Terminators and how they came to be, with many sub plots.............its a story thats actaully going somewhere.

I really enjoyed Episode 5. If the ratings are dropping its because people have high expectations of a Terminator TV series. I like these episodes better than the films because there actually is a story element with out loads of mindless voilence happening. To tell you the truth I`m enjoying this more than Heroes Season 2........a show in my opinion has lost its direction. Terminator is actually building up to something.

Eh, they made the point that they were all declared dead - it wouldn't have been that hard to get John old enough to have left school. It just strikes me as more filler material.

While Buffy may have been written by someone who looks hilariously like a paedophile - you're doing it a disservice by comparing it to something so facile as power rangers. In fact, I'd say you've not seen much Buffy because it was a lot more serial in nature than Terminator.

I wouldn't say Heroes season 2 lost direction... it just slowed down... a lot. Season 1 hit the ground running... but realistically, it was always going to be a tough act to follow.

EPISODE SIX: Dungeon's & Dragons

The mysterious wounded stranger from the future has fever dreams about his life during the war. John, Charlie, and Sarah get reacquainted. Charlie realizes that a normal life was never a possibility for them. We learn who really killed Andy but not why he lied about it.

Episode 6......what a great episode. We see terminator future wars although I have to say i'm disappointed that different laser sounds effects were used, not those to be found in T2.........also the hunter killers move a lot faster than they should.

We learn a lot in this epsiode and this series in my opinion is goes a long way to fill in what was going on in the first two films. Clearly a lot of thought has gone into this.

Well, plasma would imply you're firing a big bolt of super heated gas at someone... rather than just a big beam o' light.

Anyway, I thought this episode was better... it was interesting to see the future and a bit of action - HKs, Summernator being kind of creepy...

I was perplexed by the capture scene... so, Skynet captured people... and then let them go? Actually, the flashbacks were somewhat complicated by the fact everyone looked kind of the same. Anyway - yeah, that whole capturing thing...

Well, plasma would imply you're firing a big bolt of super heated gas at someone...

And exactly that happens, those are plasma weapons...

Never take names in sci-fi too literally, if you talk to Star Wars fans they'll tell you that a turbolaser is NOT a laser...

Also... WHY, WHY? Would people just have pistols? Seriously, I'm starting to think people have a serious death wish in this show... you're fighting big hunks of metal... why is no one using AP rounds? Or even sabot? Just seems like they're using regular rounds... and you might as well hit a terminator with nerf bat.

EPISODE SEVEN: The Demon Hand

or as Dr. Silberman would call it: The Hand Of God. FBI Agent Ellison finds out there are believers out there and they believe the end of the world includes robot assassins. Taking the cylon, oops, borg, sorry, terminator's hand to a doctor from Sarah's past results in more information than the FBI Agent expects.

Do cyborgs dream of being ballerinas? They might.

• TFMF unpinned this topic