Tenebrae

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

episodes plural? I know the pilot episode was leaked, was more than one? Or you on about pilots in general.

Sure it IS a marketing ploy now, and TBH why not it allows a fanbase to be built up, and free grapevine publicity. You just have to be aware that changes may happen before the 1x01 is really shown on tv e.g. like changing cast in Bionic Woman.

I do like how this series carries on from T2 movie and completely disregards T3. The pilot was good, but will have to see a couple of more episodes to judge it better. You can't have a new enemy terminator showing up every week nor one continually been given the slip at the end of each episode.

• 2 weeks later...

Brilliant Pilot. I still think the franchise needs a film that is based in the future. They were after all our favourite scenes from the films.

Perhaps a film where John Connor is killed at the start of the machine war so they logical replacement is a John Connor from the past..........whatever, I dont know how it would work.

• 1 month later...

Just saw the 1st episode yesterday and the 2nd episode earlier tonight.

It's not terrible at all!

I really like the way it's going even if Sarah is to pretty to be a soldier fighting for the future. ;) The time-jump to move them from 1999 to a current time for the show is interesting.

It sort of reminds me of the DarkHorse comics where the other terminators and fighters were sent back. It gives them allies in the fight and more than enough enemies to keep a show active and fun. That headless terminator was wild. I never saw potential for a unit to be able to sense it's area without a head.

It seams to be a misconception that the Terminator T100 has to look like Arnie. In the best scene of the first film we see a T100, that looks nothing like arnie.

I wonder if that bloke who played the T1000 would come back to do a few shows after hes finished with the Unit?

My only criticism of the first show is.....why the hell did the Terminator stash a gun under his skin? Surely if he could get a job as a teacher dropping over to the gun shop to buy a pistol wouldnt be much bother!

...That headless terminator was wild...

There was a Terminator book, where a unit was sent back too early, to around 1190. That unit has such an "upgrade" too, additional lenses, coming out from the chest area, in case of... ehh... well, loss of the head...

Oh yeah, the gun in the leg. I guess he was sent back with it included. Saves finding a weapon in the past when you already have one. Neat though, how it kept calling roll waiting on John "Reese" Connor to answer while it cut its leg open. The headless unit was great. Ripping Chet's head off to replace its own. Not the best camouflage but it worked. The time machine in the bank vault was wonderful.

Next episode, we should meet the human resistance fighter that missed getting killed.

He could of just carried the gun in his bag lol Someone cutting their own leg open looks a little suspect! In the time it would of take him to get a job as a teacher at that school should of provided him with plenty of time to get hold of a weapon, unless the T100 terminators are now made to look like people of the past and replace them? But if you are going to bring a gun from the future, would you bring a crappy pistol or a plasma rifle? You would of thought that the T100 would have its over intergrated plasma weapons.

Nit picking over with!

Just saw episode 2 this show is the s##t, its my bag through and through. Its my current favourite show. You know I was reading comments about this show on another forum and some little dick weed said its not as good as the films! Well that could be something to do with the fact that James Cameron isnt directing it and it doesnt have a budget in the region of hundreds of millions of US dollars, although the first film was really just a B movie.

Comments regarding episode 2...........I think I might buy a Vista laptop if that lady was selling it lmao! Let us see more of the Vista lady!

Glad your on the same wave length as me Annot. The little geek techie bits, the good looking women, dark action and even comedy moments. We may have a classic on our hands here!

I`m actually really glad the new Sarah Connor is so much more pleasing on the eye than the original! Oh and the story was good as well lmao

I forgot to mention Channel 20 in the UK have now got the ads for this show.

Anyone know when episode 3 is out?

I just went "NNNNNNNNNNN!" when he was using a display model to search for his nefarious past. Nice way to stay below the radar... also, how was the spurned fiancée able to track them down in three days?

Bratak! That made me laugh... Nice that they actually explained the whole jumping forward thing, I was somewhat perplexed by the logic of it.

Uh, the terminator getting toasted... but somehow managing to reassemble itself? That struck me as a TAD silly but I'm sure I'll live.

Someone that compares a TV show to a film is - most likely - mentally challenged. TV gets more money now than it ever did... but then, films aren't exactly getting cheaper. Anyway, I thought it was entertaining... I don't think I can be QUITE as enthused as Chiggy... but it's quite promising. I'll probably write on my blog of what I think.

Additionally, when shows get more successful - the budget invariably gets sucked into paying the stars more, not special effects etc.

If you want sillyness then go watch Heroes Season 2.  ;)

I havent seen anything in this show I didnt like. If John wasnt an idiot in his younger years he would have no room for development in the show.

I didnt say I was enthused I`m just sick of all the drivel at the moment calling itself Sc-Fi, its about time we had a show that started to throw some punches.

• TFMF unpinned this topic