Waiting for that Call

Chiggy

I realised that we have discussed this one before.

But now Nimoy is confirmed and Shatner isnt, how do we all feel about that here?

At Shatners recent public appearance in Las Vegas, the man sure seamed intent on getting a part and the crowd went mental when he asked them if he should take part!

So if Shatner is indeed picking up all these awards for his other shows why hasnt he got a part?

Spock but no Kirk.............is it really Star Trek?

Do we need Shatner? Do we want Shatner?

As a less than average TOS fan, I was glad to see Kirk's character "hand off" the franchise to Picard in Generations. Why should they go back and redo Kirk and Spock? Spock I could see, but bringing back Kirk even in a prequel style story line just kinda undermines the work that went into Generations (good plot bad plot aside).

Honestly I think they should have done another TNG movie, or a Voyager movie. Imagine a continuation of Voyager, the Borg open up another conduit to the Sol system, but some cool mega race from Voyager is convinced to help, say the Voth or the Krenim.

One has to assume the worst. This movie has either flashbacks or time travel. The movie may even focus on the time after Kirks death after Generations which would explain his absence..........in my opinion thats the only excusable reason that I`m going to buy in regard to a missing Shatner Kirk.

I'd love to see Spock. If I had to choose one, either Kirk or Spock it would defenitely be Spock! :D

One has to assume the worst. This movie has either flashbacks or time travel. The movie may even focus on the time after Kirks death after Generations which would explain his absence..........in my opinion thats the only excusable reason that I`m going to buy in regard to a missing Shatner Kirk.

I would like that idea :)

I'm not sure why they'd use Nimoy but not Shatner... possibly because if you stick Shatner in a film, there's just that expectation of really hammy, campy acting and such like.

By dint of his character, I think Nimoy always came off as more serious and so, if you see him you're less likely to have a knee jerk reaction of just waiting for some hackneyed dialogue to crack up at.

Time travel or narrative device... I'm not sure, I'm not really keen on either.

To bring the best out of Shatner you've got to wear the man down, get him to read the same lines fifty times over....then hey presto you have a Wrath of Khan performance!

I could never understand why Kirk was buried on Veridian III, he was a hero of the Federation yet Ive seen Ensigns given better funerals. Why didnt the Enterprise recover his body and take it back to Earth? Its all very confusing.

If hes brought back to life in some Romulan test tube no-ones going to buy that for a second. Take Alien 4 for example, that was just silly. If they did bring him back I`d probably yell out in the cinema "Its a fake"  ;)

Perhaps Spock could return the favour..........and complete the circle of friendship? If Spock can survive a mere breach of anti matter containment then I`m sure Kirk can survive a very large bridge landing on his back  :D

Thats it! Time to write to Paramount...........Spocks visit to Veridian III!

Well come on....Tasha Yar got a better send off!

It may of been a temporary grave? Just so no animals could have a peck at him until his body could be recovered.

Do you think Spock would of actually even heard about the death of Kirk? Perhaps the first scene of the new film will start with Spock standing next to the grave of Kirk.

Did Picard even report the apprearance of Kirk or his death? Or does the Star Fleet database still record he was lost in the ribbon?