Star Trek ultimate powers?

TetsuoShima

I'm wondering who would be the most powerfull creatures in Star Trek.

So far I'm considering the Q and the Douwd (in case you forgot about them), I've run accros some others, like the Nacene or the wormhole aliens, the travellers, but they seem less powerfull overall.

I'm wondering which one would ultimately be the most powerfull creatures?

Anybody got a good explanation who's the most powerfull and why? Maybe even a power I forgot?

I'd like to state my case for the Krenim. :D

While not as advanced as other species, the power to wipe out entire civilizations from time is truely remarkable. Imagine, even the most powerful species could be erased from history. Granted, they have their flaws, especially with temporal shielding, but by overcoming these problems, they really could develop a deadly weapon capable of wiping out anything that stands in their way...

The Organians seemed pretty powerful as well. Interesting quote from the article:

It is unclear exactly what the Organians really looked like but they stated they had once been humanoid. They had developed beyond the need for physical bodies millions of years earlier and "that of us which you see ... is mere appearance ... for your sake". Two of them then disappeared, first passing through a state in which they radiated intensely bright light.

They are either impervious or highly resistant to directed energy weapons at settings powerful enough to kill humanoid life. Organians may be more evolved than Sargon and his people, who could move from body to body, but could not survive without a body or other physical container.

In the non-canon novel Q-Strike the Organians stood on the perimeter of the war zone between the Q Continuum and 0 with their hands clasped together before their chests in a meditative pose projecting an aura of peace and dignity. Q considered them to be relative youngsters compared to the Continuum but reasonably evolved. He also referred to them as "A bunch of upstart, idealistic kids, slackers and layabouts".

I've also come across 0, Gorgan, God (Sha Ka Ree) and the Beta XII-A entity while searching for something on the Organians.

And here it is suggested the Guardian of Forever was built by the race that would eventually evolve into the Q. Pretty interesting non canon stuff if you ask me. :)

If you're talking the non-corporeal, quasi God-like entities... I think, you've covered most of them. I'd say Q is probably the obvious choice, given that the Q continuum banished several of the other similarly god-like entities... although, I suppose it's hard to quantify... but it's fairly obvious that the likes of the Prophets (who could be killed with technology) and The Traveller (who needed Wesley's help) are also pretty powerful but not in anything like Q.

Races like the Voth, Borg, Krenim etc. are all pretty much uber-powerful (until they get nerfed) as far as conventional races go but I think it's fair to say that they're ants compared to the likes of Q et al.

Of course, all of this goes to show you that it's pretty hard to go and take a stroll in the Star Trek universe without falling over god-like entities. Dangerous place to be, really. If you aren't bumping into fatal spacial anomalies or dangerous alien species, you're having some god wannabe treat you like his play thing... Who'd live in the Star Trek universe, eh?

Yeah but if you're not on one of the "right" ships, you've got about a 50/50 chance of a horrible death... Actually, even if you're on the "right" ship, you have to be one of the "right" people to ensure you're not arbitrarily killed off (never, ever join security).

I figure the only way to be totally safe is staying on Earth.

• 2 weeks later...

For races with transwarp technology and huge "city-ship" The Saurians (STVOY 3x23 Distant Origin episode) they seem quite powerfull dino-sapiens race...not aliens they are from Earth like humans.

And the most powerfull tiny lethal molecule  is Omega

Also some nebula-beings make our humanoid heroes like mere bugs too

In DS9 the most powerfull thing is the imagination of the writer that writes the whole scifi novell called "DS9" ::) 

• 3 months later...

I think Q would top my list of trek's most powerful creatures. As for the others, they could never be as omnipotent as Q. Even the Krenim had limits. They did amazing things for their level of evolution but they did not possess the infinite power of the Q.

The Q are an odd species, if you think about it. I guess it's because we know so little about them. We don't know if they actually did evolve, or if they are some kind of god-like species who have always been powerful.

I suppose the Borg would be the most "powerful" race, but in saying that, they were just quite stupid at times (Not always. i.e. before Voyager). I'm going to stick with the Krenim. So much potential still there.

The krenim are in the end  just a bully but never stopped  or evolved bad'uart race with planet destruction weapons and better knowledge of time travel quantum math/physics. Krenim's women love saved voyager's 'timeline' universe in that episode. One could conclude (or xtra-polate) after that: The Klingons most secret and powerful weapon ever discovered is 'Love' :D Ka'plah!  :cyclops:

I must admit it confused me too. I guess Anorax's guilt over his wife made him want to fix his mistake. When the timeline was restored and he was with his wife he stopped work to spend time with her. Maybe that's what dr_strekge was getting about? I guess I'm still a bit confused.

You see, that still wouldn't make complete sense. If time had reversed when Janeway blew up the weapon ship, wouldn't things simply repeat? What actually happened when the ship was destroyed? Yes, Anorax's wife did stop him working, but why did he stop? What changed?

This is something that has been on my mind for sometime now, as I've watched the episode so many times.

Well chaps, if this is stumping you you're either dumber than a sack of hammers or walked out during the final scene... Actually, all you'd need to miss was a single line.

When the Krenim ship is attacked, the time/space erasing thing goes kaboom and they say "there's a temporal incursion!" or whatever INSIDE the ship. Essentially their big space/time eraser erases the ship itself from time. Hence, Anoraks never builds the ship and so, the entire timeline of the show is erased.

Make sense now?