Sig

Pendrake

Small file size is missing. Try it as a png if the site allows you to use that format, it'll be criper too, assuming you are using a decent program like Photoshop or similar.

What I don't get is why anyone would load down a web page with so many graphics, I'm on 4mbit cable and there are times that some of these pages load slow because of it.

Pendrake, between that and your avatar you would be adding 125kb (compared to the sites main banner at only 16kb), plus all the other people with avatars, and no offense VonHelton, but damn...

I see you did away with the battle cruiser.

I'm a crab at 12.30, eh?

Yes, I think it is better, but you'll probably tweak that into a real work of art before you're through with it. I was playing with my plate logo in Photshop. I am going to start using it for my site, but without the Texas theme. It seems that a majority of women don't get it "straight" unless they see it spaced apart this way and since the site is for finding information, it may make more sense this way.

• 3 weeks later...
and no offense VonHelton, but damn...

I see you did away with the battle cruiser.

I'm a crab at 12.30, eh?

Nothing a can of "Whoop Ass" can't cure!

:p :p :p

Can anyone say 'Left Field'? Where did this come from?

What's wrong with being old? You will be old one day.

c4evap B)

True. Very true. But most of us will never be older than you! ;) ;)

:p

Guest c4evap
Haha :D I'm already old - hoping to be an Elder!

People, I was joking about sexiness and age!

"when 900 years you be, look as good you will not"

...obviously :D

I knew you were joking and didn't really take offense. I don't mind being old. They've got some really cool looking canes and walkers out there for sale...and I just picked up some really nice support hose.

c4evap :p

Small file size is missing. Try it as a png if the site allows you to use that format' date=' it'll be criper too, assuming you are using a decent program like Photoshop or similar.[/quote']

PNG works good for pictures that have large blocks of the same color (like screenshots), but they don't compress well for graphics. The benefit to PNG is that it is a LOSSLESS format. It has it's uses, but it doesn't compress well for images.

JPG is good for images, but it loses fine details that PNG keeps.

GIF is outdated and should never be used for anything unless obsolutely necessary. It also uses lossless compression, but only supports 256 colors and uses dithering to make up for the lack of colors. The only reason that all the graphics on my pages aren't PNG is that IE 6 doesn't support PNG transparency (piece of crap browser... everyone that uses it should rot in hell and then forced to use a REAL browser).

What I don't get is why anyone would load down a web page with so many graphics, I'm on 4mbit cable and there are times that some of these pages load slow because of it.

Pendrake, between that and your avatar you would be adding 125kb (compared to the sites main banner at only 16kb), plus all the other people with avatars, and no offense VonHelton, but damn...

Photoshop CS has a built in "Save As For Web..." function that 'optimizes' the file for saving to the web, and lets you preview how the image will look with different compression settings. The NiteShdw logo is only 16KB, but is the same size as your little banner that is 67KB. Use the Photoshop optimizer to reduce the filesize as much as possible while retaining the best image quality. The optimizer also removes all the META data from the image, further reducing its size.