Heroes - Mid Season Finale

TFMF

Official discussion ~ Heroes Volume 2 Episodes 10 + 11

We've been incredibly bad at posting the discussions for this series on time (*duplicates Tablet and puts him in charge*), so I've decided to make this topic the official discussion for both the 10th and 11th episodes of Heroes this season. This marks the end until after the Mid-Season break (Yes, it's sad). Heroes is taking a break from December 3rd for a while, and with the writers strikes on, we may not find out what happens after...

You can vote on what you thought of the Mid-Season Finale once it airs.

Expect Spoilers

We have the Official Heroes Magazine over here in the UK now and it says that viewer voting in the US will determine who stays and who goes in future plotlines, not sure if and how thatll really work but I guess the UK viewers wont get a chance to vote as we tend to get it 1st aired months after the US. I just happen to get my weekly fix a few hours after airing off newsgroups! Thank the lord for the net! :)

Not sure who Id like to see go, but Im not too impressed by the the newcomers Maya and Alejandro, not much has been touched on her ability, I mean what actually is it she does, its not haemmorageing is it,its just black liquid shit we see, if its meant to be blood its not very good! And then theres the New Orleans girl who can learn anything by seeing it (or using her iPod now (lol)....oh hang on, lets just kill off her obnoxious little brother who, if his mouth gets any wider itll probably develop super powers all its own!

But please dont kill Peter, Claire, Niki, Noah, Hiro & Ando, Mohinder, these are the cool ones, Nathan & his evil mother, yeah they can go! :)

Some little quirks that are flitting around my mind these days is if Peter has exploded, and survived, healed etc surely he would still have the radioactive power so wouldnt he still be  a danger? Or did he somehow manage to get it under control. Bearing in mind his memory has only just fully returned.

Also now that Nathan has a bit of Adams blodd and Noah has Claires blood are these now going to fully healing (and possibly eternal) characters?

And the whole 'head coming off' a la Highlander trick really just isnt doing it for me,although I suppose they have to think of something to make them vulnerable.

I think they mentioned the possibility of Peter exploding again is why they placed him in the "hospital". I don't know if exposure to immortal blood would change the individual like nanobots or something. We'll see... if the writer's strike doesn't cause problems.

Episode 10: I quite liked this episode.

I was actually looking forward to seeing Victoria in a much bigger role, more of a mystery character, but that's her gone already. I'm also not sure about Adam now. Is he a good guy or bad guy?

Also, the cliffhanger at the end with Hiro, that's a tad silly. Peter had ample time to strike him down, and it'll probably end up with Hiro getting knocked out a bit. (I doubt he'll die, but if he does....oh man, QS will be pissed!)

Is it my imagination, or is everyone other than (possibly) Sylar starting to take stupid pills? -_-'... Episode 10 has made me realize that this season, some shallowing of characters has been going on...

As for the showdown, I don't think Peter really wants to strike down Hiro.  Although a complete stranger saying bad things about Adam probably won't faze Peter's support, when a trustworthy guy like Hiro speaks up... I think Peter's hesitation may speak of a little curiousity.

... either that, or they'll pull a little next-episode retcon and have that nice long charge drastically cut short.

Episode 10:

Also, the cliffhanger at the end with Hiro, that's a tad silly. Peter had ample time to strike him down, and it'll probably end up with Hiro getting knocked out a bit. (I doubt he'll die, but if he does....oh man, QS will be pissed!)

that is an UNDERSTATEMENT

if peter touches HIRO i will flip

BAMBI

TFMF

BAMBI

it still applys :p

Hiro was knocked out by Peter's electric power running through the sword. Peter opened the virus vault for Adam. Nathan, Matt and Hiro meet up. Sylar shoots Maya. Noah comes home to stop Claire after she breaks up with West. BIG FIGHT, looks like Hiro might get killed by Peter. NOT. Matt gets knocked down the hallway, Nathan talks Peter into checking if Adam is releasing the virus inside the vault. Hiro flashes inside and moves Adam out of that time. Adam drops the virus vial before they disappear. Peter catches the vial before it breaks and destroys it. Claire's blood for Niki is used to heal Maya. Micah's cousin is left inside a burning building but Niki gets there in time to save her. Niki is inside when the fire's hot gases blows out windows and stuff. I assume she's one of the two who die. Shockchick tries to shoot Sylar and he gets away but she saves Molly and Mohinder. Hiro puts Adam inside Sulu's coffin. He's trapped underground until he figures out how to dig out...in hundreds of years. Nathan holds a press conference exposing the company. He's shot before he says enough. Assume he must be number 2.Sylar uses the rest of Claire's blood to heal himself and get his powers back.

update.... HEROES is back in 2008!

my big question, if you are in a future time period that becomes non-causal, can you be rescued from it? can Peter save his girlfriend. also, can Peter sneak some blood into Nathan before anyone sees what he's up to?

her who? QS? has she been naughty enough to get death threats?

I thought for sure that when they went to the ad break that Hiro sent Adam back to the 17 century to die again in the explosion, thus causing him to live out eternity in a time loop. I was a bit disappointed in what actually happened, but I guess they wanted the option to bring him back at some point.  Was surprised by the assassination, but I suppose it's better that than making HEROES into a copy of THE 4400. I assume it was Noah that pulled the trigger?

I thought for sure that when they went to the ad break that Hiro sent Adam back to the 17 century to die again in the explosion, thus causing him to live out eternity in a time loop. I was a bit disappointed in what actually happened, but I guess they wanted the option to bring him back at some point.

Heh... that wouldn't have worked anyways.  If Adam was brought back and died, it wouldn't be a time loop... Adam would have simply died back then.  Time loops require repetition, and that would have simply been a termination.

If Adam was brought back and lived through the explosion, that would result in TWO Adams, a younger surviving one and the older one brought back in time, and something tells me that's an outcome Hiro wouldn't really want.

Burying him alive, though, would result in quite a long term amount of punishment... but was rather stupid, as there's always a chance of him getting out / making enough noise for mortuary workers to hear and dig him up / whatever.

Bad choice of words, but it would've been poetic anyways. As far as burying him alive, he could only scream for help for as long as his oxygen would hold out. The more he panics, the less time he has After that, he would lose consciousness and technically be in a state of death until somebody digs up his coffin and oxygen hits his lungs again.

As I said, stupid pills.  No, let's not ask nice, altruistic Hiro why he might want to do something so harsh as kill Adam... just assume he's bad and fling him around!

Aaaand... hiatus until more stuff is done!  Writer's Guild strike aftermath, ho!  (still, it IS nice to see that the often abused writers have a strong pair of unions.)

Edit: On the other hand... Hiro knew Adam was trying to spread the disease, and the first reason he gives to Peter?  "He killed my father, so he has to die!"

... personal vengeance vs. saving the world?  Yeah, I can see why Peter didn't listen to him.  Still,  you'd think Peter would know better.

Adam: "Whoops!  I just killed another person when I could have disabled or knocked them out! Tee hee!"

Peter: "Duhhh... okay... just don't do it a fifth time!"

Peter is completely stupid, I agree. I suppose the only consideration we can have for him is that he's lost all of his memories, so he may not have an idea of the kind of behaviour of others.

All in all, I was very impressed with the season finale, and I was shocked to see those two characters die.

Unfortunately, we may be in for quite a wait before Volume 3 begins... :(

Peter is completely stupid, I agree. I suppose the only consideration we can have for him is that he's lost all of his memories, so he may not have an idea of the kind of behaviour of others.

All in all, I was very impressed with the season finale, and I was shocked to see those two characters die.

Unfortunately, we may be in for quite a wait before Volume 3 begins... :(

stupid Peter remembered who Hiro was