Star Trek - Fight or Flight

hayden

One thing I hated about Enterprise was that that Enterprise looked 100 years newer than the TOS Enterprise. Just because TV filming technology is vastly better than when TOS was made doesn't mean you can't go old school. I hope they don't screw that up in the movie but I'm sure they will.

And why this obsession with going backwards? Thats the whole problem if you ask me. If you pick up where TNG, DS9, or even Voyager left off, you have something to build the next series on. But if you go backwards you're pretty much starting from scratch.

And why this obsession with going backwards? Thats the whole problem if you ask me. If you pick up where TNG, DS9, or even Voyager left off, you have something to build the next series on. But if you go backwards you're pretty much starting from scratch.

Yeah... it's idiotic. It's really an even worse mistake than Enterprise because they're basically going to rehash established continuity.

Absolutely, lets move forward and boldly go where no show has gone before.

It's a shame that there is very little creative talent left and everything has to be remade over, and over, and over again.

I mean come-on, they remade Rambo now. How pathetic can you get?

They'll remake star wars next and bring back Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford and the rest of the gang to 'do it right' this time. Who knows, Steven Spielberg may even be the director, after all he always wanted to do a star wars film.

Don't give one of Hollywood's most over-rated directors any ideas... bad enough to have George "I want Jarjar sex scenes" Lucas directing Star Wars.

To be honest though - could they make the Star Wars prequels worse? Only if it - Star Wars: Episode 1: The Adventures Of Jarjar Binks.

If Lucas had the time and inclination, he'd probably do just that. He did make that Jar Jar skit for the colbert report back in 2006. It was really well done too, Jar Jar was in character and got to interact with Steven himself. He even taught colbert some Jar Jar talk.