Star Trek XI on startrek.com

TetsuoShima

I was browsing through some startrek.com pages when I suddenly stumbled upon the page for Star Trek XI. It's not exactly like it's hidden or anything, but I still hadn't noticed it before. It has all the info you could want on the upcoming movie, definite actor lists for that matter...

http://www.startrek.com/startrek/view/series/MOV/011/index.html

Spock -> Leonard Nimoy and Zachary Quinto

Kirk -> Chris Pine

McCoy -> Karl Urban

Scott -> Simon Pegg

Sulu -> John Cho

Chekov -> Anton Yelchin

Uhura -> Zoë Saldana

Sarek -> Ben Cross

Amanda Grayson -> Winona Ryder

Pike -> Bruce Greenwood

From the look of these characters, it doesn't look good story wise, in terms of continuity. Looks like they threw that 'requirement' out the window for this feature. I still can't help but feel excited and curious over it though. However, if I had to utter a gues, I'd say this 11th movie will be the last one for a long time, the one that finally manages to bury the Star Trek franchise for a few decades. It simply has been mismanaged too much for too long ...

Hehe, that would be a good announcement for the movie: RIP Star Trek. :D

The list in incomplete, George Takei will be returning............I heard it from the mouth of this God when came to London last year.

n a new and exclusive interview for Starburst Magazine which is out now in the UK. Actor George Takei revealed that he will be reprising his role of Sulu for a brief flash foreword scene in the new J.J. Abrams movie Star Trek.

The scene which little is known about at present involves a brief exchange between Leonard Nimoy as Spock and Takei as the more mature Captain Sulu.  Though the mature Captain Sulu is just an assumption on my part given that the article refers to the scene as a flash foreword scene.

I would of course be open to seeing Takei in a new trek movie, perhaps as captain of the Excelsior? It would be interesting to see if he managed to remain captain up to say 2372 just after Kirk died. Spock could be so moved by his death that he goes to the Guardian of Forever to set things right and find a way to resuscitate him. Hmm... this could be a possible plotline for the film. I read somewhere on the internet that the Guardian of Forever is supposed to be in the film as part of a plot device involving time travel.

I'm really glad Nimoy's working on the film, I think he'll bring back some much needed freshness to the franchise.