your favorite legacy PC (ie old pc)

bbbb

If you could get back any old pc that you had back in the day, which one would it be? (This list to choose from could include any old pc that you have used, ie Commodore64, 386, 286, Mac, Apple II, Pentium 120mhz, etc)

Zenith Data Systems 286, using composite c: (an old ansi char conversion dos command, I still use it have it in my MS-DOS71 almost 2gb slice :) I remember games like darkdesI, programs like pctools, ibm storyboard plus, playing games like digger 1983, cabal, sopwith, zaxxon, etcetera. with a 5.25 floppy disk drive and heavy 20 30 mb hard drives. I revived the feeling with a cheap 286 Zenith laptop that I found 5 or 6 years ago, i still miss that thing with borland turbo basic and other tyny apps I put on it, it had the battery charger, a monochomatic blue/black ambar screen  (that could make you blind in about half hour) but was nice to have it right next to the night table  and making 2 letters dirs and using the pc speaker util talk to make the pc speaker talk or say your name like a cheap synthethizer :P and I also had once two IBM 8088 xt (I still have simm 256kb and 512kb ram for it, and I installed hard disks to them when I had them, now the older pc I had is in a field rest house, it is a pI 200mhz MMX Gateway3000 model, with a 1.3gb hard disk,  64ram and win98 and it connects trought a modem, it has also a legacy sound ISA card. I have crystal sound isa & sound blaster isa 16 cards, 1 Rockwell FM-9618 33.6600kbps and I also had at that time a matricial printer again to do noisy printing :P.Until today I still use my old good "Reveal" Sound Blaster speakers, I prefer them to those cheap toy speakers you may found these days. (I had a Packard Bell once after that, that was the first color PC with win3.1 I had, and I remember once being taked to the principal's office  for copying two 3 1/2 floppies, program at 7th grade, at that time regular childs weren't suposed to knew a thing about the diskcopy command and it's sintax and switches :P when the closest thing to an internet browser was telix for dos)

ah, the old Apple II and IIe bring back some memories. so do the older IBMs.

I still have my college games here at home, somewhere. I just can't play the disks without hooking up an old 5 1/4 floppy drive. I never moved them between upgrades. Probably easier to find them online now than change my machine.

• 2 weeks later...

Arrrrh my best ever computer was my trusty and reliable Commodore 64 & my old Commodore Amiga A1200 AGA......was always fun poking fun out of spectrum owners and slagging of there pathetic rubber keyboard, Mono-Chrome graphics and the crap sound lol......