UK broadband - Hope for us yet?

TFMF

Finally.

It was recently announced that the UK will be going fiber! Very slowly, from the looks of it, but it's a start.

The UK's first "fibre town" could go online in the autumn, delivering speeds of about 100Mbps (megabits per second) to consumers' homes.

Fibre firm H2O provides super-fast broadband via the sewers and either Bournemouth, Northampton or Dundee will be offered the service first.

As well as that, BT have also started listening:

Last month BT announced that its own fibre to the home trial at Ebbsfleet in Kent would see the first homes connected by August of this year.

While BT has pledged to provide all new housing estates in the UK with fibre connections it has not yet made clear its plans for existing homes.

Well, it's a start... [ Original Article ]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

the problem with having 100 mbps, is that servers might start to struggle.

i know when i used to have a dedicated server, it only had a 100mbps internet connection.

oh well, it'll be good for me :)

broadband in my opinion is way better than what we've seen in the past, and is not badly priced for what we get. Users can get some pretty good transfer rates for prices that are not bad.

lol if you think that then dont use BT then, for our phone and internet (and it only gets upto 5mb) they charging us 60 quid, they increased the charge without a proper reason, hence why we are sacking them later this month for ripping us off