Microsoft throw offer at Yahoo!

TFMF

Microsoft seem to be getting desperate. As Google continue their efforts to dominate the planet, Microsoft would like to buy out Yahoo, it would seem...

Microsoft has offered to buy the search engine company Yahoo for $44.6bn (£22.4bn) in cash and shares.

The offer, contained in a letter to Yahoo's board, is 62% above Yahoo's closing share price on Thursday.

Yahoo cut its revenue forecasts earlier this week and said it would have to spend an additional $300m this year trying to revive the company.

It has been struggling in recent years to compete with Google, which has also been a competitor to Microsoft.

[ Full Story ]

Wouldn't that be:

YaSoft?

or

MicroHoo?

:P

How about microwho? Microsoft is certainly flexing it's muscles if they think they can buy off yahoo. I'm not surprised yahoo is losing money, google is faster than yahoo and that alone can make the difference. yahoo is old, google was new and when I came across google (some 5 years after it came out) I think I can say I never turned back. Sorry yahoo. Make microsoft microwho?

Seems the offer fell through. I'm not surprised, who would want to give Microsoft the advantage? To see what Microsoft has done with the advantage all these years one need only look at the various operating systems over the last 13 years or so.

Yasoft would be a better ms corp toillet paper name  :D

Microhoo NetMeeting

Microhoo MsnYahoo

Microhoo Outlook

Microhoo Interhoo Explorer 8.1

Yasoft Visual Studio .Hoo

Microhoo Network Neighborhood 

A complete nightmare of  web surfing, I think  :p

Micro sux really sux I can't wait to see  "joe the horse" 'your browser's start  page assistant' to  help you slowing your web surf exp. and annoy you at the search box and the address bar... grrr...  :)

Yahaboo Tube Aloha5 with 'briefcaseshare' would be some good news ;)

AS much as you slag mircosoft off they are providing work for a lot of people  ME for one

linux doesn't provide a fraction of the work windows does

so keep moaning but remember if it wasn't for microsoft you might be using MY excuse for windows

ya boo?? :(

They are not doing charity with that jobs either. many non-techie ppl could do some jobs there, but first to have a  job there you pay for the certification right  or license square piece of paper,  that's a common case, I dunno it could be different, the thing in that first case is  you are now a 'registered certified' ms worker, that's the difference, you pay for it, you have it...it's simple as that.

Still better than a company not offering any job... if it pays your bills thats reason enogh to defend it.

However going the to the  PreGUIstory GEM and the Atari little green desktop were cool  for that age, Don't you think?  :D but that's another timeline...Linux  is not communism was the analog  response from the cyberspace 'citizens'  to equilibrate the voracity of certain computing 'golems' and 'monsters' of the industry.

Where is Open TV for example ? even Gates could not convince that monster. but this topic was about the offer of MS to Yahoo not about the OS wars,  it concerns to me my opinion (and to my NSF rank :p) but I do respect  kyran's point of view about it. Many good coders  efforts  produced  MS Windows  office and MSN messenger, also the recorder app for win3x was nice for its time, MS deserves that part, the code itself no matterhow has its value,  but was too close so open source did come to save  that breach. 

• 2 weeks later...